Notices

Old 17 May 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Happily Ever After , the no Cinnamon rolls Honeymoon Nov/Dec '17 **UPDATE 5/10**

Links
ADR DAY
UPDATE 22/6
NO CINNAMON ROLLS
DOUBLE DIGIT DANCING
FASTPASS DAY AND DUBLIN HEN

Hello and welcome! I will start by admitting that I have been very bad at Dibbing over the last couple of years. I have still been around but mostly on a lurking basis. I have one completed trip report under my belt and two that just did not get off the ground. This one however I can assure WILL be completed. The special reason for this promise is that this trip will be for our Honeymoon or Disneymoon if you like and I really wanted us to have this to look back on.

Going on the trip
Me ( Lauren) I will be 31 on this trip and it will be my fourth time to Orlando. We went on our ‘Once in a life time trip’ in December 2012 and have been hooked ever since!

Him ( Patrick) will also be 31 by the time this trip comes around and it will be his seventh time .
We are both real foodies and it is a big part of our trips along with sampling some local brews and cocktails. If you like food snaps you won’t be disappointed!

For the first week of our trip we will also be joined by my best friend, her husband and my Godson.

How did we get here?
On the first day of our 2015 trip Patrick proposed to me. The boy really did do good ! We had an early ADR for Crystal Palace , back in the days when this meant you had an almost empty Main Street. We did the usual photo stops and then had a wander closer to the Castle as we had some time before our reservation and right there next to the Partners statue with no one around he got on one knee , produced a beautiful ring and asked me to Marry him. What followed was lots of ugly crying tears ! In the immediate days and months that followed the engagement we were set on a 2018 Disney Wedding. However decided that for a number of different reasons that a Disney Wedding just was not right for us. So , we are getting Married on November 25th 2017 at a beautiful Country Restaurant which will be followed by our Honeymoon !

The Plans

We did originally plan a bit of a mammoth 4 week trip but after rescuing our gorgeous French Bulldog at the start of last year we decided to trim it down so will now be away for 16 nights.
We will be flying out from Manchester with Virgin on the 28th of November. We currently have the Radisson booked for the night before but not 100% we will be using this and will most likely depend on the weather closer to the time. We will then be staying for 14 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter. This is where we have stayed for our previous two trips and we are in love with the New Orleans theme and the compact feel of the resort. We have upgraded to the regular Dining Plan so that we can treat ourselves to some lovely table service meals. During the 14 nights we have one night booked at HRH. After our 14 nights we will then check in to Bay Lake Tower for 2 nights and have gone with a Theme Park view as a special treat! We then fly back on the 14th of December and as another treat decided to do premium economy as it was too much of a bargain not to. I have a feeling we will be very grateful for the extra luggage ! we won’t be hiring a car during this trip . We are more than happy using Disney transport and will use Ubers for the times we venture off site.
With this being our fourth trip in five years we feel that we know what we enjoy doing and what we can miss out on. We will still be booking our ADR’s at the 180 day mark ( 15 days time eeeek) and selecting our fast passes in advance. Other than this we will be pretty much doing what we fancy and when. We have always had great weather at this time of year so fingers crossed for some lazy pool days and time at the Water Parks! We will also be attending MVMCP which we are so excited for and have always loved attending!

So for now that is it ! We have our ADR day two weeks tomorrow and will be back with a plan for that once we have the park hours.

Thank you for reading and I hope you will join us for our Happily Ever After Honeymoon Trip !

Edited at 01:02 PM.
LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great stuff! I can't believe how quickly this is all coming around!

Your wedding venue looks beautiful.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Thank you ! We fell in love with it the first time we visited. it will be 6 months on the 25th . Coming round so fast !

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds amazing! Youll have an awesome time.
Lovely venue, I know it very well as I grew up nearby
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Oh no way ! What a small world ! I love it round there
Thank you for stopping by

Old 17 May 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Oh congratulations and we will be there at the same time as you - e fly out on the 25th.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Excellent ! You fly on our Wedding day
I cant believe how fast this year is going !

Old 17 May 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Looking forward to reading more.. Its a shame you don't live near, Chloe would have loved to look after Casey for a month never mind 2 weeks :-)
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Mobile

Haha ! She would soon send her back with her snoring and trumps

Old 17 May 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Puggle11
Excited about Disney

Yey Trippie!

Can't wait for the big day & the holiday spam!

Why do I have to pay other bills when that money could go towards WDW?
Puggle11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List