Notices

Old 23 Jun 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sorry to hear the breakdown of your sons relationship but you all seem to be making use of the alternative holiday, sounds a great plan. Look forward to the report 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What fantastic plans! I'm sorry to hear about your sons wedding but very mature of them to decide before the big day.
My parents are staying at the Park Lane Hotel too after their stay with us in Orlando, I look forward to hearing what you think of it.
Have a fantastic time 😃
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
What fantastic plans! I'm sorry to hear about your sons wedding but very mature of them to decide before the big day.
My parents are staying at the Park Lane Hotel too after their stay with us in Orlando, I look forward to hearing what you think of it.
Have a fantastic time 😃
Thank you, we agree that our son and his ex have handled this very maturely and I would add that he is coping well now.
I hope your parents have a lovely time at Park Lane hotel. We booked it originally to go to after the wedding. We felt it was in a nice location for us as we didn't want to be too close to Times Square as we felt that would be too hectic. We also like that its an older more stately hotel. It was not too expensive nor was it too cheap and reviews on Tripadvisor are mainly very good.
Only bad comments seem to be that it's a little old and tired but clean which I feel goes with an older hotel. Plus the resort fee is pricy but included in this is a 2 hour buffet and free drinks each teatime plus internet access and phone calls (even international calls). However we feel that the room price and resort fee combined was still reasonable for a nice hotel in this location.
I will definitely be reporting back all the details in our trip report 😀.
Can't believe the trip is so soon now

Edited at 03:51 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We are all packed and ready and excited now. We set off 10am tomorrow to take Rolo to his dogsitter, pick up Justin and Emily and head up to Manchester to the Premier Inn. Justin has rung half a dozen times today to discuss plans etc, they are so looking forward to their first US trip.
Spoke lots to our eldest son yesterday, he is feeling naturally sad, it is a difficult time for him. We help him all we can but as he teaches abroad it is difficult as we just want to give him a 'cwtch'.
Georgia and I have just painted our nails and we are all watching Dr Who now and trying not to get too excited before we set off in the morning. Can't believe its nearly pre-travel day 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hope you all have a fab holiday. It must be a hard time for your eldest son.

Looking forward to reading all about it on your return - especially what you think of New York.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Your plans sound great. I think you were in NYC not long after us, I remember we were on a lot of the same threads!

hope you all had a great time, looking forward to reading your report

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Love the pre trippie.

We travelled to Manchester too only we stayed at Heald Green Premier Inn.
Oh my gosh I always find it such a long way from Wales though so we go by train.

Looking forward to reading through the rest of the report over the next day(s) lol

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fuelman
Proud to wear my Ears

just noticed my DW reading a trip report, so a wee glance over her shoulder and guess what , here I am.
Sorry to hear about the sudden change of plans though, but these things do happen.
Looking forward to reading it.
Sept 2016 Creekside ,Sept/Oct 2017 Calabay Parc
Nov 2018 Highland Reserve, Oct/ Nov 2019 High Grove
fuelman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fuelman View Post
just noticed my DW reading a trip report, so a wee glance over her shoulder and guess what , here I am.
Sorry to hear about the sudden change of plans though, but these things do happen.
Looking forward to reading it.
Hope you enjoy it. It does get more cheerful I promise 😀.

Yes, it was a shock but our son's well being was our main concern and thankfully he is starting to get over the break up now.