Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 11 Jun 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Geeza40
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Video camera

Hi Dibbers, we've been lucky enough to have been to Disney a few times over the years. The video cameras over the years have got smaller and smaller. It's always a double edge sword for me, I want to capture the highlights but I do find it distracts from my own enjoyment sometimes.
So advise, what do you guys do? I don't know much about go pro's, do they record sound? Any suggestions would be appreciated...
Geeza40 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Go pros do record sound and are tiny.
There are go pro knock offs such as the apeman that do a very similar job but are half the price.

We take a go pro and just use it on the pool.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

GOPRO'S do record sound but it is terrible, But they are made as action cameras and due to the size it's understandable. If you're trying to make a vlog I can see how this might get in the way of enjoying yourself, I see a lot of people upload about an hours worth of footage for 1 day in the parks, constantly talking to the camera etc which is fine if thats your hobby but like you i like to enjoy my holiday.

I did record a lot of footage on our holiday, about 4 hours but i literally just walked around with my camera and it recorded what it saw rather than looking for things to record if that makes sense. You can get great quality video out of point and shoot cameras now and video cameras unless you are a film maker are all but obsolete. I use a CANON G7X mark 2 for most of my video, i do record video on my SLR too but this is too big for carrying about shooting video with. I use a small gorilla pod attached underneath as a handle to keep it steady because even with the image stabilisation handheld can be very shaky without some sort of handle.

go pros are great for waterparks etc and are usually cheaper than buying a good cameras waterproof housing but due to the sensor size they are terrible in low light, the newest gopro has image stabilisation and is waterproof which greatly improves sound at waterparks because the housing makes most gopro sound unusable.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Geeza40 View Post
Hi Dibbers, we've been lucky enough to have been to Disney a few times over the years. The video cameras over the years have got smaller and smaller. It's always a double edge sword for me, I want to capture the highlights but I do find it distracts from my own enjoyment sometimes.
So advise, what do you guys do? I don't know much about go pro's, do they record sound? Any suggestions would be appreciated...
We have an SJ500 which is less than half the GoPro price, records in full 1080p HD 16mp camera and records sound better than the GoPro IMO also has wifi so can stre,am to TVs and tablet
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Geeza40
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks guys as ever. I will look into your suggestions...
Geeza40 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List