Notices

Old 13 Jul 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

New England Staycation July 2017 - Day 3 Lake Winnipesaukee

So first off thank you for your comments of encouragement on the trippie! Today we are actually doing something that doesn't revolve around shopping!

But first I bring you 2 product reviews... they are not sponsored :-) but I thought my lovely dibber friends would be interested! First up is a British product - Tan Luxe - I'm told it is sold on QVC and online and is a revolutionary tanning product... now give me a fake tan and I give you orange, streaky and a biscuit smelling woman! This product claims to do none of this... now, as you may have seen I have a very light duvet but Ria assures me it will not leave a single mark!
So is this claim true... yes! I showered as usual and applied the body butter as you would a normal cream. The face drops can just be applied to your usual moisturizer! It smelled of raspberries and left like a glow so you can see where you apply.

I went to bed and woke up still not smelling of biscuits! And the sheets didn't have a mark on them! Look at my streak free leg! I have just looked on QVC U.K. and it is £20 for the butter and the drops are £38 - you can use the butter on your face as well, they also have a spray, a foam, moisturizer and body drops to add to your own moisturizer... they also now stock in Ulta for my US dinner friends!

Next up I have one of the items I got in Sephora yesterday, I admit I am a YouTube junkie so am always watching Sephora hauls! Now this is by living proof who I already am a fan of their frizz spray and dry shampoo! This is an in shower styler - so here comes the magic... you shampoo and condition as usual then apply a layer of this and just lightly rinse off! Then it claims wonderful air dried hair! I'm thinking this could be amazing for Florida when you just can't be bothered to style your hair each day! I got the smaller size at $12 which is a decent size but not cost effective as the huge tube was $26... but I wanted to try and see if it actually works first! I'll report back later in the trippie with my views (hair is still damp at this stage lol!)

Today we were going to Weir beach and on a boat across Winnipesaukee lake - this is the lake of #lifegoals and if things all work out I will be building here one day with my own beach and boat... I'll keep you posted on that! Lol!
First a spot of breakfast - just something light as no doubt today will consist of trips to a bakery and ice cream!

My little chubby just wanted to say hi...this is how he looks when he wants me to give him sweeties - look at that face!

We arrived at Weir beach at about 9.30am - the boat was leaving at 10am so it was perfect! It's so nice down here - it has a man made beach and lots of restaurants and seaside shops!

We came here a few weeks ago with my parents and took the train - here is a photo from then, it's a 2 hour journey along the river! It's really beautiful and I can imagine in the fall it will be stunning! I highly recommend a trip here if you are planning a New England adventure

Today we were going on the big boat - Mount Washington, again a couple of weeks ago we went on Sophie the mall boat - delivering post to all the islands! The boat is $30 per person and it goes across the whole lake in about an hour. On board they serve drinks and food. We were taking the 10am so we could get off in Wolfeboro enjoy lunch and a mooch before heading back!

This is a beautiful clear lake - say hi to the duck gang just hanging out!

Look how sparkly it looks!

Time for a few selfies on route!

As mentioned we have already decided this is our next build - something like this I think will work!

The hour passed really quickly and it was fab having the breeze and sun! So we arrived in Wolfeboro which claims to be the oldest USA vacation resort - it very much reminds us of Amity from the Jaws films!

I'd already researched restaurants and goodwins came up #1 - it was on the lake and perfect! I knew by the queue to get in that it was going to be popular! I had a mushroom naan sandwich and Jez had fish and chips - it was delicious - really really good!

Beth had a little incident with the ketchup!

After lunch we mooched around looking in real estate windows and walked over to see Dolly the Trolley - she does rides around the town ... I'd recommend this if you have an hour to spare and it drives down some very luxury roads - my favorite part nosing at all the houses!

This town is so pretty even the station looks like it should be on a postcard!

They have a lot of gift shops / clothes shops and artisan stores - I saw this super cute magnet and picked it up for my office!

The sight of this made me feel Christmasy - even though it was 80+ degrees... something about a coke truck...#holidaysarecoming

Now after lunch of course it was time for ice-cream... kinda law in New Hampshire!
We spotted a very cute cafe complete with an outdoor piano inviting people to play a tune!

This time I went for peach... Jez had peppermint patty, Ria had peanut butter cups and Beth / Kev shared a cookie!
Very creamy and yummy - another thumbs up!

A gentle stroll back to the harbor and the boat was arriving!

A few snaps but I'm sure we will be back before too long!

Love the mountains in the background... we all had a little snooze in the sunshine - well we are on holiday!

Just before arriving back we spotted an island house - how cool is this... but imagine getting your furniture over! Although on second thoughts I am sure if you can afford an island you wouldn't be worried about removal costs!

So Kev had been watching all the US adverts and was convinced we all needed to go and get our feet analyzed on a dr scholl machine! So off we all trotted to Walmart! We must be a marketing persons dream!

We got home just in the nick of time - it absolutely poured down! We had picky bits for tea followed by these beauties!
So tomorrow I'm off to Madrid until Saturday lunchtime - I have a conference I'm presenting at... so I'll be briefly interrupting this trippie! I'll still post and keep you updated on what is happening my side and here in New England! Thanks again for your lovely comments - speak tomorrow! Debs xxx
PS - thumbs up to the hair product!

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 13 Jul 17 1:40 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

What a perfect day Debi, you really are living the dream! As for your next build, meh, I think you can do better xxx
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Lovely day again debs x
The scenery and views whilst doing the boat ride look beautiful.
Food and ice cream look amazing , sure I'm putting weight on looking at the pics and yay a super cute Archie pic... he's such a fluff ball.
Now the tan luxe I've seen a few times on qvc and it does always get rave reviews... I tan super easily so don't need fake tan but I am impressed when I see it. Don't know if they do them in US but here on qvc every theee months they do a sample beauty box called a tili box ( try it love it ) and I'm addicted to these , they are £20 and have some great stuff in them some full size some trial size and it's a great way to try stuff I suppose and them get you to buy it more often... I love their it works primer , I'm not a big makeup fan so anything in it I don't like I give meg lol , there's decent brands in there might be worth a look.
Have s great day today x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a lovely day, Wolfeboro looks so pretty. x
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Beautiful scenery and I love your future plans for a new build on the lake - it's a gorgeous area. Ice cream looks yummy too. A really good day out.

Enjoy Madrid - even thought it's work.
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

What a great way to spend a day - looked very relaxing and the area looks so pretty. How far is that from your home?

Enjoy Madrid - definitely a flying visit though!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

Loving your report Deb. When you're done with the old house, can I have it please? Xxx
Old 13 Jul 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jo_usa
Serious Dibber

another lovely day Deb what a gorgeous place that looks
look forward to a house build report very soon
safe trip to your conference xx

oh how I wish
jo_usa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Have really enjoyed your report so far but then I always enjoy them! I'm really getting into alternative reports now, as much as I still enjoy the Florida ones. I'm so checking those products, I'm as white as a ghost and can't be bothered taking GHD's on holiday so think both will be a great investment!
Good luck with your conference.
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List