Notices

Old 14 Jul 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

New England Staycation July 2017 - Day 5 Sleepless In Madrid

So I'm sleepless in Madrid! To rewind the flight was uneventful- just under 7 hours and I didn't sleep at all! With the time difference it was really only late evening when I arrived at 6.30am! I was slightly concerned I needed to be at the hotel for 8am and of course we landed at the furthest runway! It was all ok though and I was through security in less than 5 mins with only carry on! I spotted this cute bag on route!

So we started at 8am and I was facilitating the whole session and presenting - this was about the only view I got from Madrid!

The sessions were really good but I was struggling big time to stay awake and focused! These little sweets helped a bit!

Here is my room which I got to at about 5pm - the plan of course was to take power nap then go explore Madrid... so... 6 hours later, local time 11.45pm and several missed messages / calls here I am!

Here is my dinner! It hardly seems worth this update but I thought I'd say hi anyway given I'm wide awake!
I'm getting picked up at 9.30am for the airport and I'm really hoping there is a Starbucks! I land back at just after 2pm... so holiday will resume tomorrow afternoon!

Until then... Debs xx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 14 Jul 17 11:34 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm not surprised you had a little nap! It definitely was a flying visit. Hope you manage to sleep a bit tonight Debs.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Blimey that was a whirlwind tour Debbie, no wonder you are shattered! Safe flight back catch a few zzzzz's on the plane and I look forward to reading your staycayion updates soon x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Ooooooft no wonder you shattered, glad the sessions went well and I hope you manage some sleep on the flight home.
Old 15 Jul 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Crikey Debs, that really was a whistle stop your (or no tour! )

Hope the flight home puts you back on track x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Wow no wonder you were tired 😴.

Pity about missing exploring Madrid.

What do you present sessions about? I'm so nosy sorry!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Hahahaha you are funny! I am a global business operations director in Professional Services so yesterday I was hosting the sessions for all of our technical consultants and project mngt. I also did a session on Finance 101, utilization and then ran team exercises... we hold 3 technical summits a year - this was the Europe one, I'm in Bangkok next weekend and then Orlando in August...I love it but not as glam as it sounds with the travel xxx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Flying visit indeed, well done you. I couldn't do it - too much of a home bird! You definitely need to get home for a holiday.
Old 15 Jul 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by debidee View Post
Hahahaha you are funny! I am a global business operations director in Professional Services so yesterday I was hosting the sessions for all of our technical consultants and project mngt. I also did a session on Finance 101, utilization and then ran team exercises... we hold 3 technical summits a year - this was the Europe one, I'm in Bangkok next weekend and then Orlando in August...I love it but not as glam as it sounds with the travel xxx
Thanks! Although if I'm honest I still don't know what professional services are Or technical consultants that do what. I am totally fascinated by the amount of travelling you do to so many different countries. It does look glam from here, but I suppose all that travelling must be exhausting.

I don't even like the travel part of going on holiday. I always say if I had a superpower it would be to wiggle my nose like rentaghost and be transported to where ever I wanted to be, and anyone holding on to me would be transported to! Ahhh that would be heaven.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List