Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Aug 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Wow. Lots of great food. Are the milkshakes a snack credit or did you pay oop ?
We paid OOP for them, we think they were about $15 for the two.
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
The Cheesecake Factory looks amazing, I definitely want to try it this year! x
Old 29 Aug 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Day 9-Dinner at grand Floridian cafe

The girls and boys split up today and the boys went to Kennedy space centre and Brooke and I went into magic kingdom again and had a girlie day! ( I have done a separate report on here)
Brooke and I started our day with breakfast at Crystal Palace. I managed to get this reservation the night before ( sorry no photos) we enjoyed this and got autographs from all the characters ( which I've heard they don't do anymore) we enjoyed the buffet breakfast.
In magic kingdom we used a few snack credits on bottles of water ( I know it's a waste but we had loads of snack credits and it was hot! ) we also got a blue raspberry slush
and a rose cake pop with snack credits in big top souvenirs
Later on we also used some more snack credits in Starbucks on another vanilla bean creme and a gorgeous slab of chocolate brownie ( sorry no photos)
When the boys came back later we had a reservation for the Grand Floridian Cafe. I had a chocolate martini again and mike had a glass of wine
belated anniversary drinks ( we were too tired yesterday to have any)
Ben had cheese pizza

Brooke had the kids chicken wrap
which came full of salad which she doesn't like so we had dissect it!
I had a plain cheeseburger

Mike had the New York strip steak

Then mike and I both had the chocolate timbale (chocolate gateaux with bittersweet chocolate mousse)
which was gorgeous and the kids both got the chocolate fondue
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great thread and belated happy anniversary
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

What fab updates. My DD's will be gutted if the characters at Crystal Palace don't sign their autograph books . They have requested this as our first place to eat when we get to Disney.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Day 10- Be our guest, fairfax faire & Rosie's all American diner @ H.S

We had a 8am breakfast reservation this morning at ' Be our guest' which I was really looking forward to! We arrived about 7.50 am and at 7.55 the cast members came out and welcomed us all and clapped us in! We had preordered our food so we went in the left queue and was shown into the castle first.The ballroom wasn't open so we went to the west wing which was very dark. We were told to help our selves to drinks and the food would come to us. So we went over to the drinks machine and there was no tea! So I got some orange juice but it was disgusting! ( very very weak cordial tasting) so mike tried the apple juice and that was the same so we all opted for fizzy drinks for breakfast which is not what we really wanted!
The food came out only about 5 mins later and to be honest was just ok! Mike had the feast a la gaston
kids had cereal each
and I went for the croissant doughnut
now I knew this came with bananas and I don't like bananas but I was hoping that they would just be on the side but they were all over the top so I had to scrap them off before I could start! It was ok nothing like I had hoped it would be! We got a plate of pastries as well and they were nice! All our fruit wasn't touched! And mike said his food was just warm enough! I was very disappointed to be honest and although the castle was a neat place to eat I don't think I would rush back!
During the afternoon we decided to get some ice cream and we were in tomorrow land so we went to auntie gravitys galactic goodies and used 4 snack credits on 3 hot fudge sundaes
and a caramel sundae for me

Later on we went to Hollywood studios and we were hungry and hadn't got anything reserved! I tried to get a last minute sci fi dine in reservation but just couldn't get one so we walked a bit aimlessly around trying to find something that would cater for everyone but we struggled so we ended up at fairfax faire for Brooke for a turkey sandwich ( sorry no photo) but when I got it back to the table we realised there was no turkey in it! So I took it back and they were very apologetic and did another one and gave Brooke a free cupcake! The boys and I ended up at Rosie's all American diner and mike And I had burgers and Ben had chicken nuggets these were ok and filled a hole ( sorry again no photos)
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Day 11

We started the day with a lie in and breakfast at the hotel before going to Epcot - The kids got their usual chocolate twist and mike got the hot croissant breakfast again so I didn't bother with photos. I went for something different and went for a cinnamon apple muffin
Whilst in the America pavilion at Epcot I got an American dream
and I really enjoyed this.
Then in France we got ice creams at l'artisan des glaces, you get a single scoop as a snack credit- 2 times caramel
and 2 times chocolate

Tea was at deluxe burger at Disney springs and we really enjoyed this! We each got a burger and used a snack credit each for a side of fries. We went for 2 bacon blue cheese burgers, mikes had everything on and mine was plain
mike got a chocolate milkshake as well which wasn't a snack credit

Brooke had a bite of my burger and said it was yummy ( she doesn't normally like burgers) and she decided that she wanted one of her own, so whilst mike took Ben to blaze pizza again for his tea ( pepperoni) I sat with Brooke as she had a kids cheeseburger meal
it was a plain cheeseburger which was good and she got a drink and two sides- a yoghurt and some grapes.
Old 21 Sep 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Day 12 IOA and toothsome chocolate emporium

We grabbed some breakfast bars we had brought with us and took them with us and ate them on the walk to IOA.
I didn't have any definite idea of where we were going to go for lunch but we were getting hungry as we reached pizza predatoria so we stopped there- we all got a pizza each. Brooke got a cheese one, Ben and I got a pepperoni and mike got the meat lovers ( sorry I have no photos) the pizzas come as a combo and you either get a side of pasta or salad and the salad comes with a breadstick. We ordered 3 pastas and a salad but the kids and I didn't like the pasta and so they were wasted! There was a lot of food but it cost us around $55 for this 2 drinks and a Brookie brownie which the kids shared. As soon as we sat down Brooke spilt our drink all over the table so I had to go get another one ( this made me miss the Disney dining plan even more)
We left the park around 6 ish and made our way to city walk to toothsome chocolate emporium where we were told the wait was about 40 mins- they took mikes mobile number and we had a wander around the shop and then went in the hard rock shop and had a sit on the steps and watched the hustle and bustle of city walk until they phoned- it was longer than 40 mins but not sure how by how long! We were seated upstairs and this was our view

The menu is very extensive
and I wasn't sure how long it would take for them to make the milkshakes so we ordered these along with everything else, the boys shared a brownie milkshake
and me and Brooke shared a strawberry cheesecake one
( sour cream ice cream, cheesecake, graham crackers, cream and choc dipped strawberry. Mike loves his milkshakes and said it was very nice but as it had the piece of brownie on top he felt like it should be more of a dessert and it felt weird eating brownie with his burger!
For starters we had cheeseburger rolls
and chocolate almond bread
the bread was delicious and I had to stop myself eating it all- I had to leave room for other stuff, I'm not sure the kids were so keen though. Ben and I shared a pepperoni flatbread
Brooke had chicken tenders and chips
and mike had the rib eye steak sandwich
( onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, arugula, herb shallot aioli, horseradish cheese and toasted brioche.
For pudding we all shared a Brooke's, cookies and cream
we had to because of Brooke's name apparently! ( brookie, choc chip cookies, Oreo cookies, cream ice cream, fresh whipped cream, choc sauce and choc shavings- yummy!
We saw Jaques but not Penelope and really enjoyed our meal here! Our server was very friendly and talked to us about the 2 parks and he even washed a milkshake cup out for us do we could bring it home. Lovely unique atmosphere and amazing food. We would definitely eat here again if we managed to go back.

Edited at 11:15 PM.
Old 30 Sep 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Good food report! We have fussy eaters in our group (including me) so good to see you all managed to find things to eat
mummybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Day 13 universal ( mels Drive in)and city walk (bread box and menchies)

First I have to apologise for the time it has taken me to finish up writing my report! I was so eager to do it and started out so well and then life has got in the way but with only 2 days left to do, I feel like I should complete it.
Anyway, today we went to universal and for breakfast just grabbed a breakfast bar in the hotel room.
Lunch was at mels drive in
and mike had a cheeseburger with chilli cheese fries
the kids both had chicken strips and fries

And I had the adult version of the same
the boys also got a chocolate milkshake

During the afternoon at some point in the simpsons area we stopped and got one of these
which was yummy! It was mainly Brooke and I that ate it though as mike sat at the duff beer bar and had a pint and Ben sat with him.
After we had done universal we weren't that hungry but we knew we would be later on and that we wouldn't have the energy to come back to the city walk later on so we went to bread box just for a sandwich! Well they are very filling sandwiches and come with fries!
Brooke had the kids ham sandwich
Ben had the buffalo chicken sandwich
I had the 3 cheese melt
and mike had the smokey beef brisket

We were all very full after this but I had really wanted to try menchies
and as this was our last night I knew it was now or never! Normally I'd probably have gotten a tub each for the kids and myself ( mike wasn't bothered at all about it) but because we were full we got one tub and each but a few different bits in. We had two different flavours of frozen yogurt and lots of toppings like m&me, white choc drops, Hershey drops and sauce!
I think this was just under $6 and the three of us really enjoyed it! There are so many different flavours and toppings etc it's a really good fun place to try!

Edited at 10:22 PM.