Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 Aug 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Not surfaced yet!
Thanks. I wonder if it ever will be until the Westgate development is completed. I won't use it as the Ts & Cs of our car hire specifically exclude "unmade roads"

Mick
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Katie

We must have both been watching teletext scrolling round to the old TCD page. We probably went at least a dozen times with them in a motley selection of aircraft into SFB - often via Bangor Maine to refuel.

In 1998 it was TCD again but this time to the HoJo Maingate West. It's still there but called something like Champions Resort. After that we did condos, town houses and now villas.

Have to say though that the TCD sales people in Blackpool and Swansea were very helpful.

Mick
We continued to use TCD for fly drives for a few years but used villas after that first hotel stay. I agree that the TCD people were great over at LBV & I do remember touching down in Maine to refuel then into Sanford to wait outside the Dollar car hire place with the bags while DH got the car sorted. The Mercado was our 'local' in those days and we went to US more than Disney initially. The Animal Kingdom and Islands of Adventure were still on the drawing board. Great memories of easy going holidays with not much planning at all.
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I went with my parents via Maine too, actually Stopping in Scotland also to pick up
Passengers 😳
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
wayner
Excited about Disney

Can someone post a map of its location plz ?
wayner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes another lot who travelled via Bangor Maine,( I think we went up to Manchester to pick people up.) and stayed at Econolodge Maingate, we used to breakfast at the Black Angus out at the front.
I really liked Splendid China, it was very cleverly done.
Agree, the Mercado was our go to evening entertainment. Still have about 12 light up roses from there, DS bought me one every year.
Simple pleasures with no planning as mentioned.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 02:48 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMagic
Very Serious Dibber

It is just off the 192 on North Old Lake Wilson Road. We are currently in Windsor Hills so it's just down the road. The petrol pumps are in at the front and the front of the store had been painted in blue and green.
MinnieMagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Pam

We never actually visited SC but we pass the back gates on our regular journeys down Funie Steed Road toward Formosa Gardens Boulevard.

As you say Margueritaville seems to have stalled. I can't work out what that concrete monolith is that you can see from 192. Looked to be no windows in it just solid walls of concrete.

Hopefully you will be able to report on your next trip that FSR is now fully surfaced through to NOLWR.

Mick
I drive this way every day now taking one of my Dd's to school. The work on Margaritaville has definitely not stalled. There is a constant stream of dump trucks shifting loads of dirt from the site. I assume they are excavating the planned lagoon as the amount they are digging out is huge.

The concrete buildings on the 192 side are shops going in next to the existing ones at Rolling Oaks. I am not sure if they are actually connected to Margaritaville or not.

The new Island Grove winery on the other corner of Funie Steed and Formosa Gardens Blvd is almost done and should be opening soon. It surprises me that I never see mention of it on the DIBB.

Edited at 01:45 PM.
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Can someone post a map of its location plz ?
Just google - walmart old lake wilson road - the map is on the first link in bizjournals.
Old 16 Aug 17, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I drive this way every day now taking one of my Dd's to school. The work on Margaritaville has definitely not stalled. There is a constant stream of dump trucks shifted loads of dirt from the site. I assume they are excavated the planned lagoon as the amount they are digging out is huge.

The concrete buildings on the 192 side are shops going in next to the existing ones at Rolling Oaks. I am not sure if they are actually connected to Margaritaville or not.

The new Island Grove winery on the other corner of Funie Steed and Formosa Gardens Blvd is almost done and should be opening soon. It surprises me that I never see mention of it on the DIBB.
I remember the winery being constructed, I'm sure the building was being built in 2014 and was then surprised to find it not finished in 2016.

Margaritaville will take some building, having looked at the plans- looks huuuggeee!

Looking forward to visiting a new Walmart in 2018, we love a wander round Walmart👍😁😁😁
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I drive this way every day now taking one of my Dd's to school. The work on Margaritaville has definitely not stalled. There is a constant stream of dump trucks shifted loads of dirt from the site. I assume they are excavated the planned lagoon as the amount they are digging out is huge.

Donna

Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding on the concrete edifice. Surprised though that the Winery is not finished yet. They were finishing the roof coverings in March.

Mick