Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 19 Aug 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Photobucket alternatives

As has been well documented, Photobucket is now unusable for trip reports due to their new extortionate charging plan - seriously, is anyone even considering paying $400 a year for a slow and clunky site with poor user experience?

So what about alternative? As I already pay PB some money, I have until the end of the year.

I tried Dropbox which seemed to be a great solution but then I got an email from Dropbox saying I'd had too many views on my first day (day 0) of my current report.

I tried the Dibb up loser for the most recent day and it took ages to upload and insert each image - it's also not a viable solution for my other reports (x7).

I looked into google photos as an option but you can't embed. I don't trust Flickr to not go the way of Dropbox - I believe it's owned by Yahoo and they'l don't seem to have a particularly bright future as far as I can tell.

So does anyone have any long term solutions? I have all the images from all my trip reports saved and organised on drives at home and ideally would want to update all my trip reports at some point - not looking forward to that to be honest!

Hopefully someone can help?!
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've used postimages/ in the past... but not needed to use it in a while.

Edited at 09:39 AM.
Trouble3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I suspect Flickr etc will follow suit at some point.

I have downloaded most of my photos onto my PC from Photobucket now.

I've been using the Dibb uploader for the ones I want to replace in my reports. It only takes a couple of seconds to upload each photo, very easy.

I have loads of reports too, so I sympathise! I've now done all except the two Orlando ones (which are going to be the worst!)
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Urgh it's so insanely annoying. I'm using Flickr for my newest trippie but probably shouldn't be, but I can't get on with the Dibb uploader at all I want to be able to CP all the links at once like I did with PB, even though it was a horrendous website in general!

I also pay PB every month and apparently should be good until Dec 2018 before I have to start paying the ridiculous 3rd party hosting prices which I obviously won't, but I'm currently going back and forth with their 'support' as my photos haven't been showing since about Feb, before this new situation even happened. It's something to do with the URLs I think but the guy is sending me screenshots saying he can see my photos and I'm like welllll you're the only one mate.

So, so frustrating, I'm beginning to think there is no alternative!?
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ashj
I want to go now!

imgur is a fantastic free, easy alternative.
ashj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I do use photo bucket any more if I do a trip report then I use three brillent dibs own picture uploaded .if it pics that I not uploading then I use the pc to store pictures I all so copy to DVD then I can play them on the DVD I all so sometimes use a USB so I can watch them on the tv dricet.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Where do the photos that I upload to the Dibb uploader live? I only seem to be able to see them when I go to post a new post.
Old 2 Sep 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

So in case anyone is interested, I'm now using Imgur and finding it much easier to use than Photobucket, definitely recommend it
Old 13 Oct 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Thanks for the update
I switched to Flickr but not finding it that user friendly plus all my photos seem to have uploaded in a jumbled order which is a nightmare, Tried the Dibb uploader but I really wanted to upload in bulk , its such a pain doing one photo at a time.
Will check out Imgur !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I been useing the Dibb uploader for a while know easy to use
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List