Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 Sep 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pavilion1983 View Post
Could that be for the new gondola system?
That’s the skyline which apparently will be a building with shops and food places in so kind of assumed this would be center town unless they are going to have 2 food districts
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pink-bubble
Getting Excited

Mobile

next bummer today...
So when we picked up our suitcases on Tuesday from bellservice to get on DME one of them was ripped open -.- with like 15 minutes before boarding left, bellservice gave us a bit of packaging tape (which wouldn't hold) so we spend 100$ at the airport to buy belts & covers to get everything home in one piece, today we discovered things are missing... called the hotel already, nothing showed up or got handed in... i swear the last couple of days in disney were just poop for us and it still continues at home now... I could cry... I always thought WDW would be waaaaay better than DLP but now I kinda wish I never would've gone there
pink-bubble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
That’s the skyline which apparently will be a building with shops and food places in so kind of assumed this would be center town unless they are going to have 2 food districts
This was the map I saw, are the yellow bits near where you saw building work?
Old 23 Sep 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Hey Scottsman, Pavillion's right, they are working on Gondola system there. Our 1st room was just across from that at CBR.
The gondola line will pass over parts of Jamaica, following the route shown in Pavillion's post.

ps - so glad you had a fab holiday 😊

Edited at 04:45 PM.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pink-bubble View Post
next bummer today...
So when we picked up our suitcases on Tuesday from bellservice to get on DME one of them was ripped open -.- with like 15 minutes before boarding left, bellservice gave us a bit of packaging tape (which wouldn't hold) so we spend 100$ at the airport to buy belts & covers to get everything home in one piece, today we discovered things are missing... called the hotel already, nothing showed up or got handed in... i swear the last couple of days in disney were just poop for us and it still continues at home now... I could cry... I always thought WDW would be waaaaay better than DLP but now I kinda wish I never would've gone there
Oh no, do you remember if you packed the missing things or not?
Such a shame all those things happened. I think WDW is tons better than DLP, but can totally understand how you're feeling after all that 😕
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WAFFLE84 View Post
Hi everyone!

Hoping for some advice about Caribbean Beach, I'm wanting to book our first time onsite next year but worried about the construction work do you think we'll be safe for Oct/Nov 2018 with most of the major work being done? The travel agent is trying to persuade me to go for a deluxe resort instead because of the construction but I don't want to pay a lot extra if it won't interrupt the holiday too much. Any thoughts/advise greatly appreciated!

Steph
Like others have said Food court, shop, bar etc should have been open for a few months by Oct/Nov next year.
No one really knows whether the building work or construction of gondola system will be disruptive or not at that stage.
If you do book CBR, just keep an eye on where they're up to with the work closer to the time & if certain areas are affected by construction try requesting a room away from it.
Hopefully it won't be too bad though 😊
Old 23 Sep 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post
Thanks Ravenwing, it really does go to show how inconsistant they are and how can they have one stance last Wednesday that no one will be getting a refund due to the "fantastic cheaper packages we get" and then a week later refund someone! I despair with them i really do ... At this moment i dont know if i have got it in me to ask for money back just incase they say no and the old cheshnut "people must be lying on social media"... I would be furious

Ive just today sent of another letter to Winston at guest relations once again outling my disappointment and also how i dont accept the answer "that my personalised email was automated" so i wasnt entitled to the gift cards. I vented that they are a huge company and that it is their responsability to check all information sent out and the fact that I had taken the time to double check their orginal blanket email to everyone over 10 weeks later, to which i got a individual responce that we would get the gift cards is something they should have accepted as a error on their part and compensated accordingly. They cant just tell their customer one thing so that they plan their holiday based on that information and then make no attempts to rectify the situation either before I arrived or upon arrival. I have gone above my duties as a customer and clarifies information. They have still not sent out any correspondance to the huge amount of customers who received the first batch email stating that if you had already accepted any previous compensation that you would be getting nothing more! it now over 6 months later!

Whoops i went off on a bit of a rant there... anyway my point was i had read up on ABTA guidelines and it said that I had to have sent 2 complaints in order to then continue with ABTA procedings, hence the reason for the above email
I can't understand why Disney UK haven't contacted guests re their 'mistake' either, it really is so shoddy to just leave it like they did.
Hope you hear back from them soon.
Old 23 Sep 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm checking in to CBR on Saturday and was looking for a bit of help with making a room request.

I booked a pool or water view as it was the only option available when I was booking, and am looking to be in a building with a freestyle machine if possible and most convenient for the bus routes. Could anyone recommend a few buildings for me to request based on that?
Hi, sorry missed this and you're arriving today - Jamaica 43 is good, it has a freestyle machine & shop, near small pool & quite close to Jamaica bus stop.
Good luck & have a great holiday
Old 23 Sep 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by solliss View Post
I want to go back We are looking at 2019. hopefully!
Cannot believe how Disney prices increase year on year though
I know, they go up so much every year - I found some paperwork from one of our hols in 2011 when we stayed at CBR it was more than half the price it is now to stay for 2 weeks.
I know that was 6 years ago, but it's crazy how much more it is now.

Hope you manage to sort something for 2019.

😊
Old 24 Sep 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Just noticed on another forum thread that in All Stars someone was offered gift card in exchange for no housekeeping. Seen it a few weeks or so ago too but wondered if anyone staying at CBR had been offered this & how much per day GC it was?
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread