Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 29 Aug 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ariel88 View Post
You'd need either a copy of your passport (photo or photocopy) plus another form of ID (i.e. driving license). If you don't have a driving license then you'd have to use your actual passport for ID instead.
Thanks, I will have to take actual passport then.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
So, to confirm, I can take a photo of my passport and this is valid ID or would I need driving licence too (which I don't have 😀 )? Or as I don't have a DL, would I need actual passport for ID?
As I said in my previous post, no.
I wrote to Disney explaining that my daughter in law did not have a DL and that she was not prepared to carry her passport around all day with her.
I received two replies which both stated that as long as her passport was valid! a photo copy or photo on her phone was sufficient.
Old 29 Aug 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
I wrote to Disney explaining that my daughter in law did not have a DL and that she was not prepared to carry her passport around all day with her.
I received two replies which both stated that as long as her passport was valid! a photo copy or photo on her phone was sufficient.
Thanks Dismadbrit, as you can see from the other reply I had, this seems to be a confusing issue. I would prefer to use just the photo of passport too, it would be much safer.

I'm sure you are correct as you had it confirmed by Disney, but I guess it depends on who serves you. It would be a good idea for Disney to confirm, and inform their barstaff, of what is considered acceptable ID especially before next year's changes to the dining plan.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ciaranog
Trying for More Ears

Had a weird experience at Food and Wine festival last year when at one of the pavilions they refused to accept a drivers license but was accepted everywhere else.
ciaranog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
I'm surprised they've said this as a photo can be easily forged. All it takes is for a few people to abuse the system and they'll be opening themselves up to a hefty fine! So long as you have the email to show though in case anyone disagrees.
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Wasn't asked anywhere for my ID this time, only in Target as they have to put the details in the till. Disney just let me order my drinks no questions asked. I don't know if this is because we had teenage kids with us which, mathematically, would make me old enough to buy. Either that or I'm now looking old!
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List