Old 27 Aug 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
The One Where I turn 50!

So who's going?
Me Jane currently 49 turning 50 whilst in WDW Chief planner and booker of the holiday
DH Paul 48 main earner and sit backer whilst I do the booking and planning

So When are we going? 29th September to 13th October.

Who are we flying with? Virgin Manchester to MCO 10.30 flight sat in 19 A & C, so if you are on the same flight please drop by and say hi!

Where are we staying? OKW 1 bed villa, we have requested an upper floor in the South Point area, we like it down there as its a nice stroll to Disney Springs

What are the plans?

We have 14 day Disney Ultimate tickets booked, 3 park ticket for Seaworld Busch Gardens and Aquatica, a day to Kennedy Space centre and MNSSHP.

Thanks to the Dibb we have got the MNSSHP tickets for a bargain price of £47 each half the price almost of purchasing from Disney direct which is what we usually do.

We have booked all day dining in Busch Gardens as we actually enjoy the park food here not something I though I would ever say lol
We are looking at going to see the sunset in Tampa after visiting Busch Gardens (if we aren't too tired, I will be 50 after all )

All our ADR's have been booked we will be eating at

Sci Fi Diner, not eaten here for a number of years so will give it another try.
The Plaza on Main Street USA love love love this place
Citricos adore the food and the ambience we have booked to ADR's here
House of Blues a first time for us as we have read ver mixed reviews over the years but decided we will give it a go this year.
Tutto Italia had a fabulous dining experience here last year and hope that this year will be just as good
Crystal Palace for my 50th birthday as I am determined to bounce with Tigger when I turn 50
Hollywood and Vine not a big hit with others but we have had loads of good dining experiences here and its only 1 TS for the Fantasmic Package.
Coral reef gorgeous food and usually have great service only once we had a very poor service and put us off going again, I am pleased that we gave it another chance nothing but great in the last 5 years
Tony's Town Square not been here for 5 years as the service we had 5 years ago was horrendous, we will try again this year to see if it will redeem our faith.
50's Prime Time, can be a little hit and miss with the service here being a party of 2 we do seem to have poor seats/servers
Via Napoli giving this another go as had dreadful server 2 years ago but the food was good.

Flights were a bargain thanks to Oliver giving his tips on collecting miles £432 each for PE flights we paid so I was over the moon with this price

Car managed to get this booked before prices went completely crazy £211 with Alamo Brits we pick up the day after we arrive from Dolphin Hotel. DH likes to have a couple of drinks on the plane and so therefore will not pick a car up at the airport. I have booked a transfer with Quicksilver to take us to OKW.

All our fast passes are booked now and room request is in, magic bands are customised and all our $'s are purchased. All our clothes are ready to packed all our toiletries are in the case, new shows (all skechers) are in the case.

We wil be visiting MK 6th October for my 50th and going to MNSSHP and will be reusing our outfits from 2 Avatar

We have our airport hotel booked for the night before and will be staying in the Clayton for the first time and have meet & greet booked. Although we don't live that far away from Manchester the journey over can take ages which is why we choose to stay the night before

So just over 4 weeks to go and the only thing I need is my envelope from Disney and we are ready!

Oh and of course my holiday nails and hair do then I am ready

We are really looking forward to going (i'm not looking forward to turning 50 though )

Thanks for reading

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Sounds like a wonderful trip, and a lovely time of year to be going to WDW. We too love the food at BG. Fantastic price on those flights too. Have a great trip.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow you do sound well planned and organised ! I need to get myself going I think ! Your PE flights were a good find.
Could I ask where you suggest for eating in Busch Gardens. Going for first time. A bit disappointed that it closes at 5 and we have the dining deal so not sure if it is going to prove worth it.

I turned 50 for our trip last year...its not that bad !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Wow you do sound well planned and organised ! I need to get myself going I think ! Your PE flights were a good find.
Could I ask where you suggest for eating in Busch Gardens. Going for first time. A bit disappointed that it closes at 5 and we have the dining deal so not sure if it is going to prove worth it.

I turned 50 for our trip last year...its not that bad !
To be honest all the restaurants serve decent food, we did like the Zambia Smokehouse and Zagora's was also really good.

As we always go out of season we have never had huge crowds to contend with and have been able to walk on everything in fact stayed on Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt. We buy the dining as just having 10 drinks each is covered by the cost. We truly pig out lol

Its a shame that the park closes at 5pm for you though

I am still dreading hitting 50 though

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
To be honest all the restaurants serve decent food, we did like the Zambia Smokehouse and Zagora's was also really good.

As we always go out of season we have never had huge crowds to contend with and have been able to walk on everything in fact stayed on Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt. We buy the dining as just having 10 drinks each is covered by the cost. We truly pig out lol

Its a shame that the park closes at 5pm for you though

I am still dreading hitting 50 though

Jane
The early closing is a bit of a pain. 5pm does seem really early and we can only manage the one day there. Hopefully in November it will be fairly quiet so will manage to get everything done. Can you remember which of the restaurants do a breakfast ? Good to hear the park food is ok !

Thanks for your help. Hope you have a fantastic holiday and a Happy Birthday !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
To be honest we have never eaten breakfast there, we usually eat before we set off.

Jane