Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Aug 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile You're having a giraffe aren't you?

We're here at WDW at the moment and I had every intention of doing a full trip report as I had done them before but have failed miserably at note taking so it would be a pathetic item and would be just listing what we did which no one wants to read. I have however, taken pictures of the food we have eaten so will convert it to a food trip report!

First up is the traditional Subway which we have so there is no washing up to do before we leave. I had the meatball marinara and the other 2 (DH Paul and DD (15) Beth) had various meat feasts. We alll had foot long ones but I could only eat half and had the rest at the Radisson later. Just in case you don't know what a Subway looks like - here we are

2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We set off after lunch for the lovely journey up the M5 and M6 from Worcester to Manchester airport which took 3 1/2 hours due to roadworks and various accidents. Normally takes about 2. We checked in and headed straight for the lounge as we had booked business class.

Me and DH had bottles of Sol and Beth had a Coke

The food offerings were a bit pathetic at first especially as one family was like a plague of locusts, filling their plates and leaving nothing for anyone else and it took quite a while for more supplies to come out. 'That family' were quick off the mark again but the rest of us got our elbows out and made sure we got some. There were spring rolls, battered prawns, cream cheese on bruschetta and pretzels etc. For our first round we only had pretzels as that's all there were. Epic fail on the photo front as I was too annoyed. Families with children under 12 were asked to leave but for some reason 'that family' were allowed to stay even though they had a boy with them definitely under 12. Not sure why they were allowed to stay. Anyway, I did take a couple of pictures of the lounge.

I had a couple of glasses of nice rose and Beth decided to go back to the room to watch a movie. We had booked a family room i.e. Normal room with camp bed but we were lucky enough to have been given a family suite at check in which were 2 connecting rooms for the same price. At about 7pm some different canapés were brought out, little burgers and cottage pies - I called Beth but she was ok. A quick g & t then back to the room to watch the soaps ☺️

Edited at 01:01 PM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Next morning we had our first breakfast of the day at the Radisson. I didn't have too much as knew we had the VRoom later

Paul had 2 large cooked breakfasts 😳. I had a croissant after the breakfast above. Beth had a small cooked breakfast then a pastry. Through the speedy security - we had bought fast track but there was no need then too the V Room where we saw a guy running up the corridor by the lounges being sick! 🤢

I had a Coke and a yoghurt parfait then later a latte, Beth had a pain au chocolate and a drink and Paul had ... a cooked breakfast!

The VRoom was ok as I got it free when I phoned Virgin to book the flights but I wouldn't pay Ł25 each for it

Edited at 01:02 PM.
Old 28 Aug 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great start! Loving your husband's commitment to cooked breakfasts!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Great start! Loving your husband's commitment to cooked breakfasts!
Thank you - he doesn't do sweet things so feels the need to eat as many cooked breakfasts as he can!

Old 28 Aug 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Food on the plane was ok - I quite like it when it comes round as it's something to relieve the boredom.

Usual g&t and pretzels first

The choices were chilli and wedges, chicken pesto pasta and paneer curry but by the time it got to us (row 41) they only had the paneer left which none of us really wanted. The guy managed to source me a mushroom risotto but by the look on my face when I opened it he could tell I wasn't impressed. They did manage to get 3 pastas for us which Paul proceeded to drop down him and the stain is still there after 2 washes!

We had a fab lolly later on and a cheese and tomato chutney sandwich and the worlds saltiest crisps later.

We got through immigration quite quickly and went to the self serve booths and then joined a short queue in the main hall. As we were being seen at the desk the immigration guy disappeared to another desk for ages but not sure what was going on.

We got the Magical Disney Express to Animal Kingdom Lodge & a small child was causing havoc at the front of the queue keep running out of the automatic doors to where the buses were (he was about 14 months old). When we were on the bus and the driver was loading luggage he managed to get into the drivers seat and put on the windscreen wipers and beeped the horn! When the driver got on he said he could see what was going on and it was all being captured on security and they needed to be nice down the bus 😮 - it really was shocking.

We checked on at AKL and got room 3580. We paid for a standard view and it has a partial savannah view, not amazing but we are happy with it. It is a long walk from the lobby but we would rather have the walk and view.

We got changed and went down the pool for a dip - it was 7pm so we were tired but wanted to cool off. We got our refillable mugs from the Mars whilst we were there and I got a Big Island Iced Tea from the pool bar

Old 28 Aug 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
G&T on the plane I'm definitely in.

I hope you have a lovely holiday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
G&T on the plane I'm definitely in.

I hope you have a lovely holiday.
Holiday tradition (even though it was before 12!). Thank you 😊

Old 28 Aug 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

After our dip in the pool we decided to grab dinner from The Mara. We were too tired to be adventurous so all had chicken nuggets and fries. I had a strawberry scone, Paul a packet of lays (nothing sweet remember) and Beth had a blueberry muffin as we all had drinks in our mugs

Old 28 Aug 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just writing this sat outside Test Track as it is closed because of the incoming storm.

The next morning we had an adr for 8:20 for Be Our Guest. We got to the bus stop at AKL at 7:00 and waited about 10 minutes for a bus. We got to Magic Kingdom and we're allowed in the first set of gates. There was a massive queue on the left side by the arch but hardly anyone on the right so we went over there and the CM said we could go through that way. We only had to wait a few minutes before we were let in but I was disappointed to find no photographers in Main Street. We handed in the voucher we were given and were allowed through to the left side of the castle where there was a photographer and had our first official photo of the holiday. We got to BOG at 7:50 and joined the must shorter pre-order queue on the left until they opened at 8:00. I would definitely recommend pre ordering as it cut out loads of time queuing. We found a table in the ballroom by the window. We had all ordered the meat and cheese platter

We were in the queue for SDMT at about 8:50 and were let in the queue area about 5 minutes later. We were off the ride at 9 and did Peter Pan and It's a Small World. We walked towards Tomorrowland calling to do Rhe Ariel ride and grabbed a frozen Coke each for me and Beth and a water for Paul from Auntie Gravities