Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 14 Sep 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

We always pop in the dollar store, I'm a LSA so got lots of books of stickers for the children - the Mr Potato head ones were very popular I also brought home things for the teacher for her classroom - borders, craft bits etc.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
we went in the Dollar tree next to Target behind AKL, i sold the idea as loads of dibbs love it, WOW I thought the pound stores in the UK had some rough types in, but they really did not compare to the Dollar tree, it might have been a trailer park day trip out though, oh and the stock was just tat

so when we parked outside one at the converse outlet, i said " lets try again, maybe it was just a bad one " , we walked in, it was like a scene from the walking dead, people just aimlessly walking around with zero purpose, the stock was even more tat, we were in and out inside 3 mins, back in our car and away ASAP

If i want to go and mingle with the lower echelons of society, I will pick a Friday morning in town and go and join them for a can of " monster " or " Reckless ", which i do wonder why on earth they need a energy drink when they have done nothing all week

snob rant over
Judge not, that you will be judged etc. A lot of it going on here at the moment.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
Judge not, that you will be judged etc. A lot of it going on here at the moment.
Lets face it..there are some *interesting* people out there in there un the world but when I go to shops...I am not there to people watch. I am there to look at the products and shop
Actually can't wait to see all the Halloween goodies.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
That is a snobby rant indeed. Did you maybe think due to the hurricane that it was picked over?

You can find some awesome deals in Dollar stores. It's not for everyone and you clearly showed it isn't heh but I have seen all kinds of people in them...
I have seen a lot worse in Walmart though but I guess you don't shop there either then?
Our visit was last year, no hurricane in sight
Old 14 Sep 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
Not judging, the store was full of tat

Lets face it..there are some *interesting* people out there in there un the world but when I go to shops...I am not there to people watch. I am there to look at the products and shop
Actually can't wait to see all the Halloween goodies.
when the stock it tat, the only thing left is to look around and think " who on earth shops in a store like this " and you look around and see

So were we looking forward to the halloween stuff, we have a few bits from Walmart in the loft, it was complete tat, imagine the worse rubbish you think of, it wasnt that good Walmart and Target had much much better for a few $
Old 15 Sep 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
Not judging, the store was full of tat

when the stock it tat, the only thing left is to look around and think " who on earth shops in a store like this " and you look around and see

So were we looking forward to the halloween stuff, we have a few bits from Walmart in the loft, it was complete tat, imagine the worse rubbish you think of, it wasnt that good Walmart and Target had much much better for a few $
Opinions are like noses...everyone has one.

Well go to high end shops then. More *tat* for us!
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Opinions are like noses...everyone has one.

Well go to high end shops then. More *tat* for us!
indeed

Not sure Walmart and Target are that high end

and I will be honest, you are more than welcome to it
Old 17 Sep 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post

dollar store different from dollar tree
Old 17 Sep 17, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

My dd is in her last year of teacher training and every year we go in and buy the cone clear bags to mak gifts for kids when she leaves about 40 for $1, they often come in Disney decoration, packs of pencils, rubber, usually Disney, multi packs of American sweets. She buys boxes of stickers with saying on them for marking work.
Last year we bought baby shower decorations which we have been asked by friends at baby shower where they came from.
Bought my ds party decorations from store too.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List