Junogirl1
VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Rock You Like a Hurricane (Pre Trippy)

This is going to be our seventeenth visit to Orlando! Seventeen times lucky! Maybe not so lucky as our travelling group over the years has been whittled down to just us two from eighteen to now just the two of us. And not to mention that we'll be flying into (not really, but you know what I mean) Hurricane Irma, it's not really going to be so lucky.

I've had the worst luck this year, from catching Glandular Fever, to having my wisdom tooth taken out (doesn't sound so bad, but it actually took fifteen and a half local anaesthetics, eight hours, six bp tests, four dentists, four days, three blood tests, three dental nurses, two medical nurses, two stitches, two x-rays, an anaesthetist, a doctor, and a general anaesthetic to get it out, and no partridge in a pear tree. #sadface) so I needed this holiday.

What goes and happens? O ya... Irma! Seriously? This year's already been the worst. But that's okay. I've survived what felt like dying, pain pain pain and a filling with no anaesthetic, I'm sure I can survive a little hurricane.

O-okay. A big hurricane. Yay. #sarcasm.

So, we made the decision to plough on anyway and we're flying out... In a few hours on the 10:15 Thomas Cook flight from Manchester to MCO, which looks, thus far, to be unaffected. Phew!

Now then, let's meet the cast!

Sacha-Me!

Looks like:

Oops, wrong photo, but don't I look cute there?

Now that's better!

Favourite character: Donald Duck
Favourite Park: Epcot
Favourite Ride: Soarin' (that's open)
Favourite Show: Festival of the Lion King
Favourite Country Bear: Gotta be Zeke
Favourite Superhero: Ms Marvel, though I am enjoying the thrilling Jean Grey and Iceman titles.
Loves to: Eat. Obvs.
Staying at: Art of Animation for a few days and then moving on to Stay Sky Suites. Looks like we'll be at AOA throughout Irma.

Erica-Mother

Looks Like:

Favourite character: Mowgli
Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favourite Ride: TTA Peoplemover
Favourite Show: Mickey's Philharmagic
Favourite Country Bear: She says she hates the Country Bears but I know her favourite is Big Al
Favourite Superhero: Batman. The Adam West version.
Loves to: Get steps on her FitBit.
Staying at: Art of Animation for a few days and then moving on to Stay Sky Suites. Looks like we'll be at AOA throughout Irma.

Steve-Teddy bear
Looks Like:

Favourite character: Baloo the Bear
Favourite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favourite Ride: Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Favourite Show: Country Bear Jamboree
Favourite Country Bear: All of them.
Favourite Superhero: Captain America. And Ursa Major. It's a Cold War to find the true favourite.
Loves to: Poo in the woods.

Bill-A... Thing.
Looks Like:
A thing.

Favourite character: Horace Horsecollar, maybe?
Favourite Park: N/A
Favourite Ride: N/A
Favourite Show: N/A
Favourite Country Bear: N/A
Favourite Superhero: Thor, of course!
Loves to: Protect and be nice to people

The plan:

This is where we'd put the plan. It's all changed. It was super elaborate and I had it all planned out and now I'm like at Irma. Being autistic I'm averse to change and all!

Basically, we're flying out, getting to MCO, taking the Magical Express to AOA, going to Disney Springs and spending the night back at the hotel to wait out the hurricane for who knows how long for and for how much disruption. Only tomorrow (the 8th) is... Who am I kidding? That's not even set.

Curse you Irma!

Edited at 01:02 PM.
Junogirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List