Notices

Old 13 Sep 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

My sil was supposed to be going to Miami then driving down to key west tomorrow for a week.
The hotel in key west are giving them a full refund and they are now doing 2 weeks in Orlando instead.
Old 13 Sep 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
innyinskip
Having Dinner with Goofy

We are due at Tranquility Bay in Marathon on the 9th of Oct. So far they have cancelled guests up to the 25th but are offering people refunds up tot eh 15th of Oct if they want to cancel.

They are still assessing damages and will update if if the hotel will be closed past the 25th of Sept.

We are hedging our bets and thinking of a plan B. If no news by the weekend we will change plans
innyinskip is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were planning on visiting the Key's early October, after watching CNN tonight and seeing the amount of destruction we all agreed to cancel. We will go again at a later date, when they have recovered and plan to make a donation to their rebuild fund instead. It wasn't an easy decision but for us it felt the right one.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
innyinskip
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by macy View Post
We were planning on visiting the Key's early October, after watching CNN tonight and seeing the amount of destruction we all agreed to cancel. We will go again at a later date, when they have recovered and plan to make a donation to their rebuild fund instead. It wasn't an easy decision but for us it felt the right one.
Funny you mention that we have just done the same. Think we may stay at Saphire falls for a couple of days
innyinskip is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by innyinskip View Post
Funny you mention that we have just done the same. Think we may stay at Saphire falls for a couple of days
Once we seen the devastation tonight it removed any doubts that we had, and cancelled. it seems to be from mid Islamorada down to 20 miles before Key West that has been destroyed. It must have been a terrifying experience for the people who remained. So sad.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by innyinskip View Post
We are due at Tranquility Bay in Marathon on the 9th of Oct. So far they have cancelled guests up to the 25th but are offering people refunds up tot eh 15th of Oct if they want to cancel.

They are still assessing damages and will update if if the hotel will be closed past the 25th of Sept.

We are hedging our bets and thinking of a plan B. If no news by the weekend we will change plans
Have you been to tranquillity bay before?
We have stayed there and the place is full of iguanas and geckos. I mean they are everywhere. More than I have ever seen anywhere else!
Old 14 Sep 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
innyinskip
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
Have you been to tranquillity bay before?
We have stayed there and the place is full of iguanas and geckos. I mean they are everywhere. More than I have ever seen anywhere else!
Yeah we did it a few years ago but did it mid trip for like two days so didnt really get into the 'Keys vibe' which is why we wanted to go back.

Its such a relaxing place. Loved it there. Hope they get back on their feet soon.

Weve actually gone for 4 nights in Vero Beach so that will be something new

Edited at 02:39 PM.
Old 14 Sep 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

We are flying to key west via atlanta in november staying at Eden house for two weeks. Hopefully things should be ok down there by then . WE have usually driven down from miami - this is first time we have flown into key west - so travelled through those Keys devastated by the hurricane!, So so sad to see pictures of the destruction throughiut the keys!

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post

There are now up to date Sat Images available for the Entire Keys and Naples to Tampa area.
Ive got no idea why but Dibb wont let me post the direct link
I found it via The Marathon City website
..its on noaa.gov/storms/irma You may have to do a search for it I'm afraid.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post

We have 2 days on Miami Beach the 2 days on Key Largo then a further 2 days on Marathon. All 3 hotels have been in touch and report no structural damage. 2 are reopening today and the 3rd on Marathon tomorrow (although I'm not sure how clients get there ?)
Looking at the Sat images I'm ok with Key Largo but Marathon far from convinced .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List