Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 13 Sep 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nettings
Imagineer

Nettings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Simon - get yourself to Chapel Down for a Vineyard Tour if you've not already been. We went a couple of weeks ago and I was really impressed with their wines.

Having said that tho the red was a little disappointing for the white and rose (and I don't usually like girly rose ) were lovely. The rose was particularly good.

I usually like a Malbec (particularly Argentinian) and I really like Yellow Tails Jammy Red Roo at the moment, it's so drinkable!

As I say I'm not a fan of Rose - I don't like the taste it leaves - but that Chapel Down Rose is lovely!

White - I like anything white! LOL - I'm not a fan of the German/some South African wines - again due to the taste they leave - but Chenin Blanc, Pinot Grigio and the more heady Chardonnays and Semillions - tho I've found my taste is changing x
Nettings is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Don't chill your white? ! 😱😱😱😱 I like my white ice cold! I put ice in it when we're out cos it's never cold enough! My husband hates me doing that lol
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

usually very happy with a nice trivento malbec £6ish from the one stop but been in a right mood today so dicided to treat myself to something i had been saving at the back of the cupboard for a few years to cheer myself up, 2006 Amarone, bloody lovely (now retails at about £50 a bottle ) but not for the faint hearted at 16%

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
£50 a bottle! I would want a case for that

Sounds great though. Enjoy.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Simon - get yourself to Chapel Down for a Vineyard Tour if you've not already been.
Shame we don't live in Kent anymore
Old 15 Sep 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

Ooh I <3 wine.

Sparkling - I prefer Cava to Prosecco but will drink either. Tesco own make pink cava is one of my favs as I find it the driest of the pinks. Also love the black bottle Freixenet. Oh and I adore champagne.

Roses - I like a dry rose - Spanish or Languedoc mainly - for an easy summer drink. I hate white zinfandel or Grenache, I feel my teeth coating with the sugar.

Whites - I like a nice chardonnay but would never order a glass from a bar as it is always horrid. Also like sauv blanc and gavi. If money were no object I would go for Chablis or sancerre. Also like a white rioja.

Reds - I don't like montepulciano. I generally buy rioja, malbec or cab sauv. Christmas is always chateu neuf du pape and new year is Faustino 1 (my brothers bring the wine). I also like a Barolo and amarone.

I tend to buy supermarket wine and Aldi if I remember. I'm also in virgin wine club and get cases delivered about 3/4 times a year. I have a wine cooler and also a rack but apart from when we get deliveries tend to drink as we buy.

I don't have a lot of knowledge, just know what I like, so if anyone can suggest anthing nice for a special occasion, please let me know.
Old 15 Sep 17, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
The Sparklers...

For anyone that has been on a Disney Cruise they will probably recognise ROSA REGALE. It is a sparkling red/rose but only 11% alcohol. Very fruity and light. I had to buy a case from Germany to get these. Worked out about £11 a bottle including shipping.

Just tend to pick these up in Sainsbury's when they have their buy 6 save 25% deal. So they work out around £5 a bottle.

Old 15 Sep 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by anniee View Post
Ooh I <3 wine.

Sparkling - I prefer Cava to Prosecco but will drink either. Tesco own make pink cava is one of my favs as I find it the driest of the pinks. Also love the black bottle Freixenet. Oh and I adore champagne.

Roses - I like a dry rose - Spanish or Languedoc mainly - for an easy summer drink. I hate white zinfandel or Grenache, I feel my teeth coating with the sugar.

Whites - I like a nice chardonnay but would never order a glass from a bar as it is always horrid. Also like sauv blanc and gavi. If money were no object I would go for Chablis or sancerre. Also like a white rioja.

Reds - I don't like montepulciano. I generally buy rioja, malbec or cab sauv. Christmas is always chateu neuf du pape and new year is Faustino 1 (my brothers bring the wine). I also like a Barolo and amarone.

I tend to buy supermarket wine and Aldi if I remember. I'm also in virgin wine club and get cases delivered about 3/4 times a year. I have a wine cooler and also a rack but apart from when we get deliveries tend to drink as we buy.

I don't have a lot of knowledge, just know what I like, so if anyone can suggest anthing nice for a special occasion, please let me know.
Going for afternoon tea with a load of my cousins tomorrow. The venue is BYO so I picked up a couple of bottles of Freixenet

I Also picked up a little mixer 😉
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I hope you are staying the night. If everyone brings the same amount you will all be asleep
Old 15 Sep 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
I hope you are staying the night. If everyone brings the same amount you will all be asleep
We never learn! Starting at 1 tomorrow so fingers crossed
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List