Notices

Old 12 Sep 17, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
V8Pops
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
I agree. I think everyone needs a break. Been a stressful and worrying time.

Indeed it has nordictat2girl . But we mustnt shoot the messenger
What a terrible time its must have been for dibbers stranded in Florida , who didnt know what to expect .
Its was great to see the dibb crew helping so much in so many ways .

I think we are due to fly out the same day as you ?
Unsure whether to reschedule to allow a few extra days for cleanup ? ..
V8Pops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
I agree. I think everyone needs a break. Been a stressful and worrying time.
I don't think the poster is responsible for the hurricane. They are just saying be aware of it. Which is sensible.

Enjoy your hols! Hope your having a great time.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Some interesting posts about ignoring it. The latest US forecasting models have it very close to Florida by Sunday!

Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
katiexlou
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Fingers crossed it stays away!
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

If we get there ok tomorrow, ill certainly be making sure we keep some water in the room and some snacks along with making sure our portable rechargers are at 100%.

Better safe than sorry is clearly the lesson to be learnt from Irma.
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Jose is not expected to hit us. Can we just have a little holiday from the hurricane worries please!
Amen to that!
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

It's currently a lot smaller than Irma at its worst. The models I have seen show the most likely result being harmlessly fizzing out in the Atlantic. If it does make landfall it could be a lot further up the East Coast, some suggesting even as far as New York. As a Cat 2, even if it hit Florida, by the time it reached Orlando it would probably be a tropical depression at best.

Few key quotes;

As Jose approaches the U.S. this weekend, it is uncertain if the hurricane will experience a steering influence from the remnants of Hurricane Irma, which may still be lingering.
First classified as a Category 4 storm, according to CNN, Jose has since been downgraded to a Category 2, with sustained winds of 105 mph.
Hurricane Jose updates show the storm's unpredictable path may pose a threat to the U.S. East Coast in the next six to 10 days. Although hurricanes in the western Atlantic Ocean, where Jose is currently wandering about, usually disappear out to sea
And the most key one

"Until Jose is farther along on its loop, the models are likely to have large errors, and we should not take too much comfort (or indulge in too much angst) over a particular set of model runs," Weather Underground meteorologist Jeff Masters wrote.

Edited at 08:55 AM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by V8Pops View Post
Indeed it has nordictat2girl . But we mustnt shoot the messenger
What a terrible time its must have been for dibbers stranded in Florida , who didnt know what to expect .
Its was great to see the dibb crew helping so much in so many ways .

I think we are due to fly out the same day as you ?
Unsure whether to reschedule to allow a few extra days for cleanup ? ..
I understand Jose is active but honestly..we could all use a breather, if only for a day or 2 People need to try to calm down first.

We leave from LHR on 28th with Air Canada and you?
I wouldn't cancel. Not unless you have no choice to. Florida are strong folk and deal with things like this almost every year and although there have sadly been deaths and damage...I am glad it was not a cat 4 or 5 hurricane. It would of been 100 times worse!

I am still stressed and that will last until I hear from the owners about the inside of the villa.
A kind dibber (who is staying in High Grove) actually went to look at the 1 we are staying in and said
aside from 4 pool panels in need of repairing..the outside looks ok.
Also, sent a message to the condo we are to stay at in Treasure Island. It's right on the beach so that just might have to be canceled if damaged.

Time will tell.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

it's expected to turn back up the east coast and drift into the atlantic...that'll mean we'll likely pick up the left overs of it back in the UK
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
V8Pops
Dancing with Tink'

We are flying from Gatwick with Norwegian on the 28th... We will monitor the situation also...
We cant push it back as we are ( foolishly... taking 5 grandchildren to Spain 2 days after we return...

The interweb is great for information...also great for panic when none is due...Thats where the dibb has been amazing ! Obviously safety first !

Safe travels everyone !
V8Pops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List