Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 12 Sep 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Rellik

So anyone watch Rellik instead of Liar last night?

Interesting idea of showing a thriller in reverse, seeing the ending before the beginning. I liked it. Although it didn't find it difficult to describe to DW.

I assume the very first scenes were not actually the end though? I guess they are going to go back (forward?) to the SD card found in the pill bottle in the final episode to resolve who's actually the killer.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I tried, I really did but it was way too complicated for me. I lost the plot half way through.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

I watched it and will give it another go next week as it is intriguing, but it's also confusing with all the jumping back and forward in time
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
DH gave up half way through was way too much reversing for him. I battled through but tbh I got fed up myself, will give next week a go maybe but bit disappointing really despite a strong cast

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
I watched it and will give it another go next week as it is intriguing, but it's also confusing with all the jumping back and forward in time
The story is only going backwards in time. There have been no forwards jumps.

I found the idea of telling a thriller in reverse intriguing and it is very clever. I'm not sure that it was entirely successful in what it's trying to achieve and, understandably, it does seem to have confused some people. I followed it and found it interesting, so I'll watch the next show.

Still, it's interesting to see a different method of telling a story.

(even if, actually, it's a bit of a con. It's like a standard detective show, where what happened in the past is shown via flashblacks or verbal exposition)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The story is only going backwards in time. There have been no forwards jumps.

I found the idea of telling a thriller in reverse intriguing and it is very clever. I'm not sure that it was entirely successful in what it's trying to achieve and, understandably, it does seem to have confused some people. I followed it and found it interesting, so I'll watch the next show.

Still, it's interesting to see a different method of telling a story.

(even if, actually, it's a bit of a con. It's like a standard detective show, where what happened in the past is shown via flashblacks or verbal exposition)
Well, to me when they show the present, then jump back to the past, then return to the present, that is jumping backwards and forwards.

Perhaps I'm not their target audience despite considering myself to be reasonably intelligent...
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
Well, to me when they show the present, then jump back to the past, then return to the present, that is jumping backwards and forwards.
They've not returned to the present.

They started in the 'present'. Then they moved back a few hours. And then moved back a few more hours. Then moved back again. They never returned to the point in time shown in the first scene.

It's all going backwards.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Not impressed tbh, flat story, too bitty, cutting vackband forth, trying to be something different only makes it unwatchable
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

I watched it tonight and thought it was brilliant. Loved the jumping back and forth
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

No, officially a thicko, couldn't make head nor tail of it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List