Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 12 Sep 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile Go pro

Hi need to know about them as Was thinking of buying one for our next visit would it be worth it pls
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymcw
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by firsttimedream View Post
Hi need to know about them as Was thinking of buying one for our next visit would it be worth it pls
We bought one for our trip this year. They are brilliant to take on the rides. Hubby wore the chest strap when riding the rides and we have got some amazing footage. You can use them on most rides too. Not TOT though unless you sneak it. If going to universal I believe they dont allow the usage of the on the rides. The only problem is with them being an action camera it's not the best at filming fireworks etc as you can't zoom in but overall I would say definitely worth the money. Be aware though you will need plenty of SD cards and a second battery pack.
Emmymcw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That's fab thankyou very useful info
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Aearin
Getting Excited

Costco always have good deals on them if you are taking the plunge. I just got a 5 but i've only used it once, waiting to give it a good go on my trip next month
Aearin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

I've never used one so didn't want to commit too much.

Ended up getting a campark one from Amazon for about £45 and it was brilliant, really couldn't fault it. Got some brilliant ride footage and footage in the pools and on slides etc
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
metal0121
Trading Disney Pins

Just got back from Orlando a few days ago and used my Hero session. I had mine on a wrist strap and managed to get on TOT. Used it in Disney waterparks, Busch Gardens and all the other Disney parks. The only place where you couldn't use it was Universal rides, but I did see someone with something similar to my wrist strap on Dr Dooms Fearfall, so not sure if that was missed? I had a 64gb (about 4.5 hours of filming) and a 32gb memory card (roughly 2 hours of filming) that I used (the 64gb cost £24.99 from Argos) and I used nearly all of that plus over 1000 photos and video on my phone too. Just on a side note of taking the gopro on rides...unless you have a really steady hand when the ride is juddering about or video stabilization software then taking them on rides isn't the best either with the wrist strap.

But! After being a bit negative with it, I have great footage of using it elsewhere in the parks and in the waterparks. Underwater footage is great!
metal0121 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
lazyleo
Proud to wear my Ears

I bought one for hubby last year for Father's Day as we knew we were going to Disney even though the kids didn't. Its been a brilliant buy for us. We've used it a lot even apart from Disney which I didn't expect to. I got two 64gb cards and we just handheld ours, I love lookiing back at our kids, even after one year the difference in them is incredible. Looking to get a chest strap this year - need to get a move one though as we are away soon. We got brilliant footage with it.
lazyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post

I got a 4k action cam from Amazon for only £60 dose everything a gopro dose at a fraction of the cost. well worth a look
amazon/Dragon-Touc...s=dragon+touch
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

I have the hero 4. I love it. Also you download the app to your phone/tablet and wirelessly upload and transfer and edit your footage. It's excellent. I like to use the handler attachment. Helps keep it steady. When the waterproof housing is on it affects the sound though.
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

have a read of the other gopro threads in the photo and video forum - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120

youll find loads of info, we get this question regularly...
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List