Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 Sep 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Sky VIP - Tickets for events

Has anyone been lucky enough to get tickets for events, particularly sporting ones?

I check every day and they go from coming soon to fully booked, never see an option to actually get tickets.

I'm just wondering if tickets are released in the dead of night.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks you just made me feel better about forgetting to always (or ever) check

I read on here someone got some the other day
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have tried to enter details several times but either never hear anything or the event is always fully booked (even though I looked every day, several times a day)

I don’t think it is a genuine offer😥
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I check regularly and did get on a waiting list for division one football match once or twice, but didn't get tickets. Mostly, it is all fully booked as soon as it is released. Can't have many tickets to give away by the look of it
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

My parents are black members and, via their account, my brother got tickets for the NFL in London. However, Sky contacted him saying there had been an error and the tickets were no longer available - fortunately, he hadn't booked flights or hotel. In fairness, they did offer him £150 in Ticketmaster vouchers or 12 months free Sky Sports.
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I got tickets for Disney on Ice tomorrow 😊

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We got tickets for one of the Glamorgan cricket matches but I've had the same experience as you OP with everything else.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to get the Liverpool tickets for DH, I've been trying at least once an hour sometimes less, them this afternoon they were all gone after I'd checked 30 mins earlier :angry:.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Well I had a day off today. Happened to check in mid-afternoon and managed to get tickets for a Hull FC home match for DH. He's from Hull but now lives in London with me. He has family still in Hull so an ideal reason for a visit and he could go to the footy with someone.

Got confirmation that I have 2 tickets for the match but you have to be a home supporter and they check with the club before your tickets are issued!

So as far as I can see unless you have ever registered personally with a club for tickets, or have ever been a season ticket holder, SKY VIP for a footy match is a waste of time even looking or applying :angry:!

Edited at 07:26 PM.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Well I had a day off today. Happened to check in mid-afternoon and managed to get tickets for a Hull FC home match for DH. He's from Hull but now lives in London with me. He has family still in Hull so an ideal reason for a visit and he could go to the footy with someone.

Got confirmation that I have 2 tickets for the match but you have to be a home supporter and they check with the club before your tickets are issued!

So as far as I can see unless you have ever registered personally with a club for tickets, or have ever been a season ticket holder, SKY VIP for a footy match is a waste of time even looking or applying :angry:!
Wow, that is pointless then! I check regularly for Newport County, which my DH has been to for matches in the past but he has paid on the gate so no record of him being a supporter so therefore he wouldn't be eligible.

I also check Premiership fixtures for Man Utd, who we have also been to see previously. Of course, being a big team we have registered for tickets at Old Trafford so I guess we would be eligible for those. Not likely to get those as any Premiership tickets they have seem to go in seconds as I have never found availability for any Premiership match on there. Seems a big con to me 😠
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List