Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 15 Sep 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bigseve View Post
Aren't you the person/people that should decide what they are old enough to see though rather than someone that has never met your kids? Genuine question and I mean absolutely no offence by asking it.
I watched it and found it to be quite gruesome , if it was my opinion I wouldn't think it suitable for a 13 year old , of course there will be parents that will say their 13 year old is mature enough to handle it but it's rated 15 for a reason and I agree with that rating , it could freak some kids out where as some won't think anything of it so while you say it's the parents choice the ratings board has to make a decision and is carrying out that obligation in the interest of what they deem as suitable viewing for children .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I watched it and found it to be quite gruesome , if it was my opinion I wouldn't think it suitable for a 13 year old , of course there will be parents that will say their 13 year old is mature enough to handle it but it's rated 15 for a reason and I agree with that rating , it could freak some kids out where as some won't think anything of it so while you say it's the parents choice the ratings board has to make a decision and is carrying out that obligation in the interest of what they deem as suitable viewing for children .
Yeah, I wouldn't let my 13 year old watch this one either.

Just find it interesting that the American ratings board are quite happy for a 13 year old to watch it as long as they are with an adult but the British board says nobody under 15 is allowed to watch it even if the parents are ok with it.
bigseve is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I agree, I haven't seen it yet (going tomorrow night) but I have read the book a few times and seen the original and there is no way I would let a 13 year old read it ,let alone see the new one (the old one is quite sterile it seems !)
The book is very graphic and dark and much scarier than the mini series .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bigseve View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't let my 13 year old watch this one either.

Just find it interesting that the American ratings board are quite happy for a 13 year old to watch it as long as they are with an adult but the British board says nobody under 15 is allowed to watch it even if the parents are ok with it.
Yes , mind you I have seen some 12A movies that children of all ages can watch if accompanied by an adult , one I remember was A Monster Calls , there were a couple of children who couldn't have been older than 5 in there and some parts of that movie were quite scary . a tree keeps coming to life in the shape of a monster, it could really freak out a young child .
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
I agree, I haven't seen it yet (going tomorrow night) but I have read the book a few times and seen the original and there is no way I would let a 13 year old read it ,let alone see the new one (the old one is quite sterile it seems !)
The book is very graphic and dark and much scarier than the mini series .
It was a blood fest Lauren, being squeamish I was surprised I managed to sit through it, hard to explain really but it was so OTT that it didn't seem " real " so the blood stuff didn't affect me .
Old 15 Sep 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It was a blood fest Lauren, being squeamish I was surprised I managed to sit through it, hard to explain really but it was so OTT that it didn't seem " real " so the blood stuff didn't affect me .
I do like a bit of gore but hope they haven't ruined then😕
Did you enjoy it though? Although I don't know if "enjoy" is the right word ..😆
Not long till your holiday,Linda!
I could really do with another one right now..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
I do like a bit of gore but hope they haven't ruined then😕
Did you enjoy it though? Although I don't know if "enjoy" is the right word ..😆
Not long till your holiday,Linda!
I could really do with another one right now..
Yes I did enjoy it , I don't do " horror " movies, not ones where people are getting sliced up , if there is a bit in any movie where there's a knife involved or any slicing of skin I have to look away, I am a right wuss , so yes there were a couple of times I did close my eyes

We have only been back a few days from the Canary Isles so I am being a bit greedy to be going away again, but what the hell it's going to be a long winter, that's my excuse
Old 15 Sep 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

We all.watched Deadpool at home last year didn't realise was so gorey but funny too. I think tbh a lot of games the kids play are fsr worse.
I actually had a nightmare that the Clown was by my bed last night and i haven't seen.it yet!
Old 15 Sep 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

No no no! Put your foot down. It is 15 for a reason, its really graphic in parts - he bites a childs arm off apparently?! And she wont get in which will be uncomfortable for her.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Am.i a mean parent not letting her? Plus we have plans when she wants to go...
IT has been certified by the BBFC as a "15" film. That means, legally, a cinema cannot allow those under the age of 15 to see this movie.

So, even if you managed to find a cinema that allowed her in, no, you are not a mean parent for following the law. Plus, it's been certified as only suitable for those 15 and older for a good reason.

Now, it's up to you whether or not you allow her to watch it when it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray though. Personally, I wouldn't let a 13 year old watch it but it's your call.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List