Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 14 Sep 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Miami daytrip

Hi
We are staying with a family friend in Winter Park Orlando in nov
We have been to florida a few times and always have a daytrip to daytona/clearwater beach
I really want to tick Miami off my bucket list even if its just a day trip
Am i right in thinking its a 4 hour drive?
My kids are 11&8 and dont mind car trips so thats not an issue
Just wanted your thoughts and also what a must do would be ?
South beach?
Thanks all xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I honestly wouldn't, it is a long day. Just one nights stay would make life a lot easier.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Not worth a day trip. How much would you see before you set off back to Winter Park?
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DawnNEScotlnd
Getting Excited

DawnNEScotlnd's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It took us 3 hours to drive up from Fort Lauderdale, but THE most boring road ever. MIami is about 30/40 minutes away.
Haven't been to Miami yet, just the airport, but planning on going in a few weeks. Can report back then. I would go but have an overnight stay. You could always stay overnight in Fort Lauderdale? They probably do gondola tours along the canals like Fort Lauderdale.

Most people visit ocean boulevard & south beach.
Old 14 Sep 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

An early start and an over night and a full,day till around 4pm yes but no,way for the day
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

I'd recommend Miami Tour Company that do different tours, they have various pick up points. Then you get a good look at all the different neighbourhoods in Miami.
LRMD is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

It's quite a long and boring drive - about 3-4hours depending on traffic. Miami is worth a visit, we spent 3 nights there this year and there was plenty to see & do. We stayed in a fabulous hotel which was in a quiet road about a 5 minute walk front south beach - the Urbanica Meridian. It is a lovely hotel and a reasonable price (for Miami!). We did the open top bus tours, a millionaires boat cruise and a jetboat miami adrenaline junkie boat ride, all of which were great fun and interesting.
Old 18 Sep 17, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've stayed in Miami twice and the highlights were the Star Islands boat trip from Bayside Marketplace and walking along Ocean Drive at South Beach, people watching and admiring the amazing Art Deco buildings. As other posters have said I'd definitely spend at least one night there to soak up the atmosphere and see the sights, as well as to make the eight hours in a car worth it.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List