Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Sep 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

California grill brunch

Hi all, been reading good things about this and definately want to do it next time, for those that have done it did you do morning in MK first then out for brunch or start your day with brunch and then maybe MK later? Thanks
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Mobile

Actually the couple of times I've done it it's been DHS (because of morning emh on Sundays) then bus to contemporary for brunch. Think afterwards I went to Disney springs at least one of the times, though I guess going to MK would have made more sense!

Was also incredibly full after both times (the appetiser buffet is amazing) so probably wouldn't have wanted to go on any coasters right after..
Old 18 Sep 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

We are doing it on our last full day. I've booked for 11am and am hoping to get to mK for rope drop, do a couple of hours, brunch and then head back to pack and have pool time. Booked to do HEA Dessert Party that evening so will be back to mK till close late in the afternoon. Really need to try and tire my kids out over the last 2 days in the hope they'll sleep on the plane home, lol
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did Narcoossee's brunch and actually had a really relaxing afternoon shopping at Disney's Springs. You are just nicely full afterwards. We were also just nicely tipsy after some lovely prosecco. 😊
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Thanks for those suggestions, as the Sunday will be our first day we should be up early so will attempt rope drop at MK, do some of the bigger rides, go for brunch then back to MK for a bit more chilled afternoon.
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Hi all, been reading good things about this and definately want to do it next time, for those that have done it did you do morning in MK first then out for brunch or start your day with brunch and then maybe MK later? Thanks
It was easy for us as we were staying at Contemporary, we had a booking for 10 (or maybe it was 10:30) anyway at opening time which was great. So we went straight there after getting up, dressed up a bit and then got changed before heading to park later.

I would not go to the California Grill after a park, I wouldn't go in park clothes, most people are dressed up and it really feels like something to make an effort for. I have been trying to figure out what we would do next time when we are not staying at Contemporary, decided I think we will still dress up, putting on a pretty dress and nice shoes was part of the experience.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SRP
Excited about Disney

I wouldn't go in park clothes, most people are dressed up and it really feels like something to make an effort for. I have been trying to figure out what we would do next time when we are not staying at Contemporary, decided I think we will still dress up, putting on a pretty dress and nice shoes was part of the experience.
Oh that's good to know, I hadn't thought about that!

OP, we have a CG brunch reservation for 11am then are going to Animal Kingdom for a slow paced day. I know MK is closer but, according to the park hours guide, it's an average busy day whereas AK was most recommended.

We've also got a brunch reservation for Narcoossee's on the last day of our holiday, it's 11.45am which I worry is a bit too late but our plan was to do that then head to MK and basically stay there for the remainder of the day!
SRP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for that Bridgetx I wouldnt have even thought about clothes would have just rolled up in our shorts ha ha, will keep that in mind. SRP, that might be the case for us too, will see at the time what park is recommend and if any have EMH.
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Thanks for that Bridgetx I wouldnt have even thought about clothes would have just rolled up in our shorts ha ha, will keep that in mind. SRP, that might be the case for us too, will see at the time what park is recommend and if any have EMH.
Well I wouldn't say that nobody turns up in park clothes, but in my experience, which was limited to one brunch and one dinner, most people, say 90%, made some effort. I wouldn't have wanted to be the one in park clothes and trainers anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Would nicer shorts and top be ok with sandals, or a dress be better?