Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Sep 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Reunion - explain it to me, please!

It seems to have many "sub-resorts" - are they all connected - ie part of the same resort management company?

Dibbers sometimes say they "stayed at Reunion" - is this a particular part of it, or could this mean in any of the sub-resorts?
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Luxury golf resort with 3 courses, condos and private hire house rentals,etc. 20 mins from disney
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Solterra
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hi bobbins,
Reunion has a condo hotel, condos, cottage homes and houses.
The hotel is condos which is reunion grand. The rest is split up into different sections, most divided buy a road. A few golf courses divide them.
I presume all are owned by individuals but some will rent via the reunion hotel scheme. Most will rent privately or through their management company. They will all be different standards and styles depending on weather they rent though the hotel scheme for the condos.
Solterra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Thanks - I looked at a satellite image on Google Earth and the clusters of properties make more sense now - there seems to be about eight of them.

It's not obvious until you look closely that the internal roads cross the main roads that cut through the area without connected to them.

It's not a resort I was aware of until we started looking at Encore Resort at Reunion - that one does seem to be stand-alone.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Solterra
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Yes, encore club looks nice, there is a side opposite the main road on that also as we drive through it on the way to solterra resort. Reunion looks very big and there are 'some lovely houses on there. Some areas look much nicer than others on there.
Solterra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by Solterra View Post
Yes, encore club looks nice,
So, and this is the part that I think is scaring me - is Encore Club the same as Encore Resort?

I've found you have to be very careful in Orlando as so many places have very similar names - sometime the same words but in a different order!
Old 20 Sep 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Solterra
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I believe it is, looks like a large water park, but if it works like reunion it depends on whether the property owners allow access with their homes.
Maybe someone could clarify if they own on here? We own at solterra just up the road but we drive through reunion and encore part which is under construction, I know the houses will be new and they all look very nice!
Old 21 Sep 17, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It is a very plush resort, a few dibbers have stayed here and their accom always looks amazing. Defo a resort I would love to visit xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by shirley View Post
It is a very plush resort, a few dibbers have stayed here and their accom always looks amazing. Defo a resort I would love to visit xx
OK...but which part of it? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but to me it's like someone saying they stayed at WDW - you'd want to know which bit, because there's a tremendous range!

Is Reunion like that, or are the parts of it basically all the same? Odd parts have some communal facilities, but it looks like you'd have to drive to get from one part to another.
Old 21 Sep 17, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Solterra
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Course that makes sense, I don't know anyone who has stayed at encore but looks beautiful and if you can book one there you'll be happy I'm sure. Reunion itself is very large and as I say different parts, have you looked at reunions web itself might give some insight?