Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Sep 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Disney Beach Club Resort / Beach Club Resort Villas

Hi all. Still planning like mad to try and make that perfect Disney holiday.

So my question is regarding staying at Beach Club Resort in a room or staying in a Beach Club Villa. Are both accommodation types in the same location close to Epcot and Studios.

Appreciate any views/opinions you have on both room types and facilities to help make our decision.

There will be 2 families with one child each but i prefer to keep the accommodation seperate rather than share say a 2 bed villa.

Also do the rooms come with full balconies.

Many thanks

Edited at 07:31 PM.
gazzastag is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
when we went to the Beach Club we were given a free upgrade from the cheapest room to a balcony room with a pool view. The 'balcony' was the length of the window and literally 10cm from front to back. It was free though and great hotel anyway!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 05:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I stayed in both last year. BC is the main hotel, with BCV in a building right next to it, so for all intents and purposes they are in the same location.

What I remember about the differences between the two
- My room in BC was incredibly close to the elevator so very easy to pop down to the gift shop to refill my cup. My room in BCV was further away so I was less motivated to go and refill my cup when I was there. But this is going to vary depending on which room you get
- Some BC rooms have a full balcony, others have a Juliette balcony (basically large enough for 1 person). Not sure about the BCV but I think I had a full balcony there
- BC has two beds and some rooms have a pull down bed in addition. The BCV studio I was in had one bed, a sofa that could be converted into a bed, and a table that could be converted into a pull down bed.
- BCV studio had a kitchenette

I preferred BC to BCV actually, but I was solo and didn't really take full advantage of the fact that there was a sofa and a coffee table and all in BCV. It would personally probably come down to the price for me...
Old 20 Sep 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

It is basically the same resort so no difference for accessing EPCOT etc. BCV as far as I understand it is the DVC side and BC is the hotel side. That may have a bearing on price.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're there next month, but we booked 3 nights using 'rented' Dvc points, so I think although in the Dvc section we're still in a studio room in the beach club side. I can help more on our return! We would love to have a full size balcony rather than a small one but I guess we'll just have to wait and see,
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lindy15 View Post
We're there next month, but we booked 3 nights using 'rented' Dvc points, so I think although in the Dvc section we're still in a studio room in the beach club side. I can help more on our return! We would love to have a full size balcony rather than a small one but I guess we'll just have to wait and see,
I would be interested to hear what your experience is like. We have also booked 3 nights at the end of our holiday in a studio at BCV renting points. I WANT A BALCONY
Old 20 Sep 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindy15 View Post
Hey thanks for that and everyone's replies. Would be good to hear from you when you get back. Price will certainly sway it so i think BC is most likely. Can you not request a full balcony at booking stage. We are aiming for April 2019. Sounds ages away!

Cheers.
gazzastag is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

BCV is a dvc resort and all dvc rooms are in the BCV building, not in the main hotel building- the two buildings are linked by a covered walkway.

All dvc studios and villas have a patio or balcony, hotel rooms do not all have full balconies, some of them are just juliet balconies.

If you're not a dvc member, cash bookings at BCV are expensive. A points rental is more cost effective but you won't get any free dining plans.
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gazzastag View Post
Hey thanks for that and everyone's replies. Would be good to hear from you when you get back. Price will certainly sway it so i think BC is most likely. Can you not request a full balcony at booking stage. We are aiming for April 2019. Sounds ages away!

Cheers.
You can request a balcony when you check in online through MDE, but obviously there are no guarantees as not all rooms have one. You can request two things on the list that pops up. We asked for a balcony and to be on a higher floor. We got - an upgrade to club, complete with balcony! Luck of the draw.
Old 21 Sep 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
I would be interested to hear what your experience is like. We have also booked 3 nights at the end of our holiday in a studio at BCV renting points. I WANT A BALCONY
Me too! ... Haven't checked in online yet so I'll definitely put a request on, fingers crossed.. I'll definitely let you know how we get on.. Soooo excited! 😀
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List