Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Sep 17, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Wispy1984
Looking for my Ears

QSDP Confusion

Hi All!

Just looking to pick your brains please...
There's so much info on the QSDP but we have several questions on it:

1) I understand that you get 2 QS meals + 2 SC each day, but what happens if you only use 1 QS and SC in a day... does the remaining QS and SC carry forward?
2) Same I guess the other way around, can we borrow from future days?
3) How do I know which food places allow the QSDP - QS and SC? Do you get a book with all locations?
4) When I'm in a food place, how will I know what is QS and what is a SC (sorry if that's a silly question..). Does it say on the menus?
5) Can I save SC and exchange for QS meal if needed (and vice versa)?
6) Is the dining plan limited to the resort you're staying in + parks only? Can you pop to other resorts/hotels to use them?
7) can you use them anytime, for anything? For example, use all QS + SN for the day on a large breakfast etc (obviously we wouldn't do that, but just wandered how much freedom you get with it).

If anyone has any documents / websites/ vlogs etc which they could recommend that would be great!

Thanks in advance
Wispy1984 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gerddon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yeah, spend them all on the first day if you want. Your given your allocation at check-in for your whole stay.
Gerddon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Snack credit items are marked with a purple square symbol which I'll try and find a photo of.
Your credits last til midnight of the day you check out and you can use them whenever you choose in that time. Two one day, none the next etc.
As far as I know, you can use a qs credit for three snacks but not the other way.
All counter service counters accept credits. You can use in all parks and resorts.

You will have snack credits left, lots of them, so don't save them. We had something like 30 left! If you want a bottle of drink, use one for it. We bought them and saved credits, so we had spare which in hindsight was mad
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Snack symbol
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wispy1984 View Post
Hi All!

1) I understand that you get 2 QS meals + 2 SC each day, but what happens if you only use 1 QS and SC in a day... does the remaining QS and SC carry forward?
3) How do I know which food places allow the QSDP - QS and SC? Do you get a book with all locations?
4) When I'm in a food place, how will I know what is QS and what is a SC (sorry if that's a silly question..). Does it say on the menus?
6) Is the dining plan limited to the resort you're staying in + parks only? Can you pop to other resorts/hotels to use them?
7) can you use them anytime, for anything? For example, use all QS + SN for the day on a large breakfast etc (obviously we wouldn't do that, but just wandered how much freedom you get with it).

If anyone has any documents / websites/ vlogs etc which they could recommend that would be great!

Thanks in advance
1) Yes

2) Yes

3) All places where you don't wait to be seated by a CM. You cannot book a QS Seat.

4) Yes it is on the menus but you can always ask a CM
5) each QS can be converted into SC but not the other way round. I QS is 3 SC I think
6) You can use anywhere in WDW
7) Yes you can use 14 days entitlements in 5 mins if you want

Disney332
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Don't forget that Be Our Guest in MK is a QS restaurant for breakfast and lunch (but Table Service for dinner) and it's highly recommended to make an ADR (even for the QS meals) as I believe, walk-ups are rarely available these days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

Just to add to the above
- the credits can be used anytime up to the midnight of the day you checked out that morning. (So if you check out on the 20th September in the morning they will expire on the midnight of the 20th September).
- you can "spend" a QS meal as 3 snacks - but you have to do this all in one go. You can't spend two of the snacks on one transaction and one on another and then match them up. You have to pick up three eligible snacks and the cashier will use a QS credit if you ask them to. (They ring it through the till as a "DDP combo"). It's worth checking they have done as you asked because they do make mistakes sometimes.
- although you can spend your credits anywhere in WDW that accepts the Dining Plans not all locations can do the QS/3 snack swap. Places that don't serve QS meals are less likely to do the swap - I don't think you would have success at one of the snack stands for example. Exceptions to this are places such as Goofy's Candy at DS - where the staff seem trained to do the swap. I am not sure whether the variation is due to the way the tills work, or whether it's more to do with how well staff members have been trained.
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

BOG is a qs at lunch time (and breakfast I think but someone here will say if I am wrong)
You would be wise to book these early if you want to eat here as it books up quickly. It is the only qs place you have to book, all the others you can just turn up to and queue.
If you go to the dining pages on MDE and use the drop down menu, you can get a list of all qs restaurants then you can look at each one's menu, prices and location and make a shortlist of ones you would like to try.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
JLC
Proud to wear my Ears

The Disney App now tracks dining plan credits - although your remaining credits are on the receipts.

Another combination is multiple QS, e.g. large pizza's at Port Orlean's is 2QS. (But feed a family)

Easiest thing is to ask when ordering what the options are.

As noted we recently used the 3 SC for 1 QS for breakfast, e.g. 3 yoghurt pots.
Disney Magic 2018 (Fjords), Disney Magic 2019 (Fjords properly this time)
Paris - NB, DLH, NY, DCR
JLC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wispy1984 View Post
Hi All!

Thanks in advance
Hi Wispy1984,

The QSDP is really easy to use and works on a credit system. So for example if you are staying for 14 nights you will receive 28 QS Credits and 28 Snack credits each. You can use these how you want and could even use them all in one day (that would be a lot of food!).

As above you can find what is a snack credit by looking for the purple symbol.

If you google Disney Quick Service Dining Plan you will see a PDF from disney holidays, this lists all the places that are Quick Service in both the parks and the resorts. You can use your credits in any resort, not just your own.

Hope this makes sense!

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List