Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Sep 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Marriott at Doral or the vacation villas at Doral are both fine, as was the Doubletree and Hampton by Hilton (free shuttle bus). However, we prefer staying at Sawgrass Mills hotels, as there are much better restaurants there: it's about 20 minutes North, so 20 minutes less to Orlando the following day.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by batleyboy26 View Post
We've been many times and I assure you, we want to eat. We've had Chinese take-out at 9.30pm before now when we've only got to the condo at 9pm.

My main worry about at a hotel that night is if there isn't a balcony as I am always the first one up by a long way and there will be 4 of us in the room. I'm usually up about 3.30am but the DSs sleep until about 7am. I will need somewhere to go rather than just lie in bed in the dark.

We're not sure what we will do n the first day yet or even if we will have 2 nights in Miami so not thinking about rushing up to Orlando for the time being.
Hi adele, can add my 2 bobs worth lol, I have my eye on the hyatt place Miami airport east hotel, its a suite hotel, so separate sitting area if your up early, hotel does free bfast, and also its sat next to the airport and h27 ideal for traveling upto Orlando in the morning, only downside I think they charge $20 to park but this is top of my shortlist.

Edited at 06:10 PM.
scouser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Hi adele, can add my 2 bobs worth lol, I have my eye on the hyatt place Miami airport east hotel, its a suite hotel, so separate sitting area if your up early, hotel does free bfast, and also its sat next to the airport and h27 ideal for traveling upto Orlando in the morning, only downside I think they charge $20 to park but this is top of my shortlist.
Off to look now Neil - thanks for the heads up 😀
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

We really loved the EB hotel. Ate dinner there. It was good and not too expensive, breakfast at ihop a few doors up.

No balcony but a super cool room. Low level lighting when your feet touch the floor for nocturnal bathroom visits.

Very close to the airport.
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
We're doing man-heathrow-miami landing at 1815 so have booked into best western airport north... gets good reviews and breakfast included... will be there in 29 days!
Would you mind doing a review of the hotel?
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stayed at the Hilton on blue lagoon drive which is about 5 mins from the airport. Was a lovely clean hotel. 5 min drive round the corner there was a Wendy's & McDonald's, we were too tired for a proper meal. But the area felt as safe as it does round where I live. We literally saw nothing of Miami except the hotel and McDonald's. We weren't interested. Just ft yo and drove the next day. We've booked to stay there again next year, we booked through BA and you can select the option for a balcony too.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Marriott at Doral or the vacation villas at Doral are both fine, as was the Doubletree and Hampton by Hilton (free shuttle bus). However, we prefer staying at Sawgrass Mills hotels, as there are much better restaurants there: it's about 20 minutes North, so 20 minutes less to Orlando the following day.
The Marriott at Doral is now a Trump resort! Apparently they took it over a couple of years ago.

Shame, because it was one my favourite hotels in the entire world, but I'll never stay on a Trump property.
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

We stayed at the Hampton Suites, Blue Lagoon. Really nice, free coffee, free parking, and free breakfast. 5 minutes from airport - excellent trip advisor reviews. We had a swim, then had a walk out to McDonald's which was across the road. My dgs lost his mobile phone on this walk, we were extremely lucky that someone found it and rang my ds's phone at breakfast the next morning. We fetched it from their house - we felt completely safe in this area. The staff at the hotel were brilliant, helping with getting the phone back - translating etc. Would highly recommend

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

We're staying there soon just for the night and I'm really pleased to hear this Janette
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by batleyboy26 View Post
Would you mind doing a review of the hotel?
Yes of course...will let you know what it's like, fingers crossed it's Good!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List