Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Sep 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Post office signed for items

Someone i know has had an item signed for by 'a friend' who then subsequently said they returned it to sender, but suspect that the 'friend' has kept the letter, is there anything that can be done?
Old 22 Sep 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post

If they have proof of the signature (can be got by using the tracking number from the Royal mail site) they could get a solicitor on the case.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
On these new horrible machines I can't even recognise my own signature, waste of space really as the delivery person could sign for it and vouch it was mine.
Bring back good old paper.
Old 22 Sep 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Someone i know has had an item signed for by 'a friend' who then subsequently said they returned it to sender, but suspect that the 'friend' has kept the letter, is there anything that can be done?
it is illegal to remove, open or tamper with another persons mail without their consent

you can contact the police and / or ask for royal mail to investigate the matter
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

Why would a "friend" sign for a letter knowing who it was for, and then return it without telling them, I smell BS. I would just accuse her outright and watch her reaction.
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sunny1 View Post
it is illegal to remove, open or tamper with another persons mail without their consent
You may do so if you are informing the sender that the addressee no longer lives at the delivery address.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Unfortunately the person has learning disabilities and thought they could trust someone, who appears to have their own views on what they can and cannot do. The information would have been sensitive medical information, thats why it was to be signed for. Unfortunately there are always people who think they know best, and dont allow others to make their own decisions. Am still waiting for receipt from it being returned to sender, but i suspect that this was not returned as said. A complete mess, and not the first time this particular person has had information about them leaked to others ( social workers were not exactly the best at data protection).