Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 23 Sep 17, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Ambulance BBC

Just caught up with all 5 episodes and what a marvellous series. The ambulance staff are amazing. My son is a probationary policeman and always says they are a fabulous bunch of people. Brilliant show x
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

I've been glued for all of them, thoroughly enjoyed the series, makes you think how selfish some people are and just how hard these people work, take my hat off to them.
Old 23 Sep 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Watched it again with DS (1), so emotional with Helen when she talks about her son, really feel for her x
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
I've loved the series so far it's brilliant what service we get really isn't it and how many people abuse it
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pigletliz
Imagineer

I like watching because they film in our area and my Dad has spotted quite a few people he recognises from work before he retired earlier this year. What amazes me is the absolute crap they have to put up with, and although it is their job, they don’t seem fazed by it - amazing, wonderful people. I’ve had quite a few rides with the West Midlands Ambulance Service and they’ve literally saved my life twice following bad epileptic seizures. One job I wouldn’t like to do is taking the calls. All the verbal abuse they get it is unbelievable, i know sometimes people are worried about their loved ones and it just sort of comes out, but so much of it is unnecessary. I wouldn’t last one shift, I’d be like ‘oh eff off then if that’s your attitude’.
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pigletliz View Post
I like watching because they film in our area and my Dad has spotted quite a few people he recognises from work before he retired earlier this year. What amazes me is the absolute crap they have to put up with, and although it is their job, they don’t seem fazed by it - amazing, wonderful people. I’ve had quite a few rides with the West Midlands Ambulance Service and they’ve literally saved my life twice following bad epileptic seizures. One job I wouldn’t like to do is taking the calls. All the verbal abuse they get it is unbelievable, i know sometimes people are worried about their loved ones and it just sort of comes out, but so much of it is unnecessary. I wouldn’t last one shift, I’d be like ‘oh eff off then if that’s your attitude’.
I only saw the one episode of this, and it was mostly in and around Stoke.

I do think they do a good job, and it must be very difficult to help people who are basically abusing you. I did notice quite often however that when they were driving, there was a lot of things they perhaps shouldn't have been doing.. especially on camera.

i.e. dancing about, singing with eyes closed! and laughing to the point they had tears in their eyes etc. I know they're only human, and are entitled to enjoy their work.. but bouncing around in the drivers seat singing ?
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

I rarely watch medical type programmes but I’ve been glued to this. They do a brilliant job.
Old 25 Sep 17, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Great programme BUT their driving is worrying, hands off the wheel,dancing,singing etc.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Another great episode this week, missed last weeks as I was at A & E for over 5/6 hours with my friend! Sadly the staff we encountered were nowhere near as nice as the Birmingham bunch!