Notices

Old 1 May 16, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi aimie, just catching up with your pre trip, loved your trip reports and looking forward to this one.
October is a great time to visit the park decorations are fab as is usually the weather, on our 2014 trip we had thought about doing discovery cove but ended up pricing a disney cruise and as it was only £300 extra for the four of us it was no contest, just thought I would share incase this is something you might like.
MNSSHP is fab, I preferred it to MVMCP.
Looking forward to reading more.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by orlando10 View Post
Hi aimie, just catching up with your pre trip, loved your trip reports and looking forward to this one.
October is a great time to visit the park decorations are fab as is usually the weather, on our 2014 trip we had thought about doing discovery cove but ended up pricing a disney cruise and as it was only £300 extra for the four of us it was no contest, just thought I would share incase this is something you might like.
MNSSHP is fab, I preferred it to MVMCP.
Looking forward to reading more.
Hi!

I can't wait to see the decorations and collecting the candy at MNSSHP! I'm hoping the weather is as good as I've read on here.

We seriously thought about adding a Disney cruise to this trip, but I think we will save it for the next one, hopefully for our 10th anniversary in 2019! (always thinking ahead )

Thank you for reading!
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 16, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Hi, just read both your trip reports back to back and really enjoyed them, I love the clothes you make for Amelia you are very talented and well done on your weight loss you look great
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 16, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Hello Aimee, loving your pre trip report! We have also debated AKL, it still may get changed as i am always changing my mind these days.

Gosh, the children have grown up! Ameila is just beautiful and Charlotte comments on her all the time on FB. Calls her the doll lady's daughter

Looking forward to reading more of your plans, take care and thank you for sharing. xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Hi, just read both your trip reports back to back and really enjoyed them, I love the clothes you make for Amelia you are very talented and well done on your weight loss you look great
Thank you for reading them back to back and putting up with my ramblings! I'm glad you enjoyed them and thank you for you kind words!

Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Hello Aimee, loving your pre trip report! We have also debated AKL, it still may get changed as i am always changing my mind these days.

Gosh, the children have grown up! Ameila is just beautiful and Charlotte comments on her all the time on FB. Calls her the doll lady's daughter

Looking forward to reading more of your plans, take care and thank you for sharing. xx
The dolls lady's daughter! Haha Sarah, that's so funny!

I'm really looking forward to staying at AKL. It's been a dream of mine for many years and I'm so happy it's coming true!

Thank you for reading
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
10th May - Reserved Bunks and Primani Haul

Not much to report, but I thought I'd drop in with a small update.

I have just got off the phone with Barbara at Disney World! I asked if I could request a bunk room and she tried to sell me an upgraded room with guaranteed bunks which was £1204 more the last time I checked... Err... no Barbara. I'm not bothered about guaranteeing we get them, but I would like to request them. She went off the phone for a minute and came back telling me she's put a request on our booking, but can't guarantee it will be met. That's fine with me, and hopefully we will get them. If not though, it's no big hassle.

I also asked how long it takes for our booking to show on MDE, and she said it's usually around the 400 day mark, so I am to look back again in about 3 months. I know it's a LONG way off (510 days to be precise!), but I'm excited and I want to see my reservations on there! MDE has been around for a couple of years now. You would have thought they would have ironed it out so that it is all linked seamlessly as soon as it's booked. It's all linked to the same email address after all.

I had another trip to Primani last week and picked up some more t-shirts as well as a notebook and some erasers for Amelia on the plane. She loves drawing, so it should keep her occupied for an hour. I did consider using the notebook as my travel journal, but I never did use the Moleskine Minnie one I bought last time, so I will use it for sure next year.

I am ashamed to admit that I have never seen a Star Wars film in my life, and it annoys me that Disney have jumped on the bandwagon so to speak. Everything is blimmin Star Wars at the moment. I was looking for Alex and Ani bangles the other day and the first ones that came up were Star Wars! It seems it will be unavoidable over there, so I pushed the boat out and bought myself a £4 Star Wars T-shirt in Primark for one of our Hollywood Studio days. It is actually a really nice fitting top and looks good on.
The Alice one is actually a pyjama top. They didn't have my size bottoms, so I need to go back again to get those. I love these ones though.

That's about it for now. I'll be back to show you more purchases when they arise! Haha. I have a basket full on the Disney Store's website so I can use my 15% code. Just need some pennies to check out! Lol

Edited at 10:44 AM.
Old 10 May 16, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

I'm impatiently waiting to be able to link my booking on MDE too! At least now I know I've got about 100 days to wait

The room upgrades are so expensive! Hope you get the bunk beds for free!

I need to check out Primark, love seeing the hauls from there
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I'm impatiently waiting to be able to link my booking on MDE too! At least now I know I've got about 100 days to wait

The room upgrades are so expensive! Hope you get the bunk beds for free!

I need to check out Primark, love seeing the hauls from there
It's annoying isn't it? Don't they understand how excited we are?

I hope we get them for free too. The standard room is advertised on the website as two queen beds or a queen bed and bunk beds, so they really should honour them if they're advertising them.

Primark is great for cheap holiday clothes and doesn't matter too much if you leave them there if you can't fit them in your case coming home!

Thank you for reading
Old 10 May 16, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

oh i love those primark tops. I was in our local one just yesterday and i'm sure i'd have spotted them in there if they had them. thats the only thing about Primark that i find, if i see something i like that someone else has purchased there, i never seem to find it when i go in as they move stuff through so quickly.

i love stocking up on little bits and bobs for my girls on the flight. have you a Tiger store near you? they're great for cheap but interesting bits and bobs.

haha the cheek of Barbara...i didnt realise you could call to add requests to your booking. i think i've only done that when i check in or something on MDE in advance. might give them a call and see what i can do on mine now
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 16, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Fantastic trip report. We are staying at AKL this August, I guess I should request bunk beds too as my son is 17 and daughter 9 ! I've also always wanted to stay, this is our first opportunity though as eldest daughter isn't coming with us this year. The resort looks absolutely beautiful and I'm determined to have a resort day.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List