Notices

Old 30 Jul 16, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Little Wolverines 3rd trip Nov '17 (update added Disney)

This will be my 1st trip report, hence this will be my 1st Pre-Trip Report

So this is a quick run down of who we are and who is going.

Well there's me Nathan (aka Wolverine)

There's the wife Leah (aka Little Wolverines Mum)

(From last years holiday on TC - premium economy)

Little Wolverine 2yr going on 20yr

Now for my parents
My dad Dave

My Mum Karen

The plans so far: -
Flights from Manchester on 3rd Nov 2017 to Orlando

With Virgin

In Premium Economy

2 hire cars with Alamo which we got a free upgrade from full size car to mid - size suv (not sure about this though my dad doesn't care really but wouldn't mind a Jeep cherokee, I on the other hand really want a pick up truck Ford F-150 if possible but this isnt shown on Alamo.co.uk but is on Alamo.com)

Once we get to Orlando plan is to stay on International Drive at Rosen Inn near Universal for 3 nights (this is not yet booked but should be soon) we have stayed here twice before and found it perfect for us.

Visit Legoland

This will be our 1st ever visit here

Visit Wild Florida (free tickets when we booked the flights)

Then on the monday drive over to Spring Hill our base for the next 2 weeks, where we will stay in a villa (again not yet booked but hopefully soon as the one we normally go to the owner is selling so is not taking any more bookings )

We will spend two weeks chilling and shopping and swimming

Cant wait, let the countdown begin.

I'll update when stuff happens

Edited at 11:53 PM.
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Ok so less than 24 hours later and everything is almost ready.

Hotel booked well deposit of £2 paid (a pound per room) with Travel republic for Rosen Inn closest to Universal

And Villa in Spring Hill Booked

Not much more to do checklist looks something like this:-

spending money saves
legoland tickets
email alamo ref upgrade
email ocean florida to get booking references for alamo and virgin for skip counter etc
email sign ups closer to the time

if i think of anything else or if you think of anything let me know
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Ok some quick updates

Some more places to visit:-

Old Town (while near Orlando) others when in Spring Hill
Dinosaur World - Plant City

Wildlife Survival Sanctuary – Spring Hill

Homosassa Springs

Pine Island (to watch the sunsets)

Now places to eat

Logan’s Restaurant

Outback (Gonna try Curb side pick up some are now getting delivery so fingers crossed)

Cody’s (date night)

Golden Corral

Hardees
(this is all i need to say)
Charleys

Now to the shopping:- this is more the wife than me but if I see something I like I don't mind spending
tj maxx
ross dress for less
target
plus the mall
ooh also never forget walmart

will do the shopping over in Spring Hill as the bargains seem to be easier to find.

I will update again on the one year mark if not sooner fingers crossed with some news regards universal and legoland
Old 6 Nov 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

1 year to go woohoo.

not much happened since my last post, just shocked at the price rises for Disney and Universal so may just have to choose one to go to, probably be Universal IOA due to Little Wolverines love of dinosaurs.

Just hope the £ to $ recovers back to nearer 1.50 but dunno who is likely to do that though Trump or Clinton
Old 7 Jan 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Less than 300 days now countdown moving along now.

Got all the seats booked now there and back.

Also after being convinced by all the wonderful dibbers going to try and book hotel for night before we fly never done this before in 30 year of flying so will be completely to new to us, think we are going to try premier inn at herald green, will do that when prices are best expect 1st week in march

Still deciding on Universal and Disney, think it will just be IOA

Will be definitely be doing T-Rex cafe at Disney Springs
Old 17 Jan 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You've got some interesting places lined up here in addition to the usual suspects. I look forward to reading your trip report! It should be a very special trip with little Wolverine to keep you on your toes!
Old 17 Jan 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Thanks counting down the months now to do stuff. Need to keep checking premier inn prices ready for the perfect day expecting it to be 1st week in march.

Logan loves planes and flying so no worries with that also he loves swimming hence the reason we book a villa like the privacy.

Hopefully it will be interesting for everyone to see other parts of Florida they have never even thought of
Old 11 Mar 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Not many updates since last time have just booked Premier Inn at Heald Green £84.00 for two rooms.

Also settled on just going to Animal Kingdom as we have never been before and it has a dinosaur section and Logan wont be tall enough to go on most rides at IOA.

Also going to Fords Garage, the plan was to go to the one at Brandon after visiting Dinosaur World and the parents would drive down from Spring Hill as its only an hour drive, but just seen on there website they are going to open a new site in Wesley Chapel same time but about half the distance

Old 23 Apr 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Ok another semi-major change think we will give Animal Kingdom a miss, instead of rushing and trying to fit in everything in three days over in orlando this will give us chance to take it steady.

So with the extra time in Orlando will be spent shopping and visiting Telsa Orlando to hopefully test drive the new Model 3 as it wont be out in the uk till mid 2018.

So with the money saved by not going to AK it will be spent on buying Tampa TRIO tickets which covers

Lowry Park Zoo

Florida Aquarium

Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI)

works out at just £122 for three of us for all 3 attractions.
Old 25 Jul 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Woohoo double digit dance time