Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 8 Jan 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Actifry

Partner wants to get one but limited on space to put it!
Are they good? What does everyone cook in them apart from chips!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We just do potatoey stuff in ours, chips, wedges, potato chopped in "cubes" etc - we found anything too "flavoured" puts the smell right through the house.

It takes up a lot of room too. But it is very good at what it does, and the bowl/lid/paddle come out for cleaning - in the dishwasher...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have the Morphy Richards health fryer, works exactly the same as the actifry. It is smaller, not as "ugly"looking and is all black design which matches in to my kitchen. It is also much cheaper and can fit in enough for a full family rather than having to buy the larger actifry.
I only got it for a Christmas present but up to now have done chips, roast potatos, home made KFC style chicken which was lovely and some onion rings. The recipe book states you can bake cakes in it but have yet to put that to the test.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I have the Morphy Richards health fryer, works exactly the same as the actifry. It is smaller, not as "ugly"looking and is all black design which matches in to my kitchen. It is also much cheaper and can fit in enough for a full family rather than having to buy the larger actifry.
I only got it for a Christmas present but up to now have done chips, roast potatos, home made KFC style chicken which was lovely and some onion rings. The recipe book states you can bake cakes in it but have yet to put that to the test.
Roughly how heavy would you say this is? Thinking about getting one the next time we're back in the uk
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rasmus View Post
Roughly how heavy would you say this is? Thinking about getting one the next time we're back in the uk
Amazon say the shipping weight is 7kg

amazon/Morphy-Rich..._1483867514930
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

We've got the actifry, and the Tefal air fryer. Much prefer chips done in the Tefal (well much prefer proper chips) but Kerri wanted to eat healthy, I didn't, so we sat down and comprised, so we are eating healthy 😊
We are on our third paddle on the actifry as the other 2 broke.

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've had one for about a year - use it fir potatoes, sausages and chicken. You can add flavouring too - salt and pepper seasoning make lovely salt and pepper chips.
My sister cooks alsorts in hers. I don't add any oil to sausages, chicken etc and only a small amount for the chips. I have the actifry but think they all do pretty much the same. Easy to clean too - straight in the dishwasher
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I bought one of these on black Friday cos it was a good price but haven't used it yet. It looks quite nice next to the microwave though. Maybe this thread will inspire me.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I have the actifry two in one we do the potatoes on the bottom and anything on the top from steaks to burgers to sausage fish nuggets
It's excellent
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
andreab
Excited about Disney

andreab's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Bought one a the weekend to start our healthy eating/loose weight regime. Just done chips and sausage so far - both a success. CHips really delicious.
3 other visits, staying twice on 192 and once on site in Dixie Landings
andreab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List