Notices

Old 30 Oct 16, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Kuala Lumpar 2016 LIVE - All By Myself: Day 3 - HOHO Bus, Chinatown and Mall

After initially waking up at 1.30am I managed to fall back to sleep until 8.15am - not bad I thought.

The hotel continues with it "fails". No shower gel, only barely warm water and breakfast didn't turn up. Not that I was too fussed about the later. Curry for breakfast - not really my thing! I get the feeling the hotel is experiencing real teething issues.

Not too bothered though - for the price I paid it is fine

I managed to get out by about 9.30am. I took screen shots of how to get to the HOHO bus stop.

As I hadn't had breakfast I stopped at Starbucks - cafe latte and a mississippi mud muffin - 20RM (about 5 euros). The muffin was too sweet even for me but it filled a gap!

I managed to find the bus stop and bought my ticket - 45RM (11 euros). I thought it would be a good way of getting an overview of the city.

I decided yo sit upstairs but in the sir conditioned bit as it was already hot and humid.

I stayed on for the complete tour. First sight was Chinatown.

A very islam inspired design on a skyscraper.

The start of the Indian district.

The Square where the first Malaysian flag was raised after Independence from Britain on 30th August 1957.

The Petronas Towers - they were the tallest building for a while and ate still the tallest twin towers on the world.

I got off after reaching Chinatown again. I didn't like the main street - too many fake things and I just felt uncomfortable.

However I did like Central Market - much more civilised

I was hungry so I went to the food area there and had sweet and sour veggies. It cost 8.50RM - 2 euros. It was delicious.

I got DD a batik birthday card as it is her birthday when I get back.

There are lots of temples around here. There were a couple I would like to revisit - wasn't really properly kitted out today.

I got the monorail back to Bukit Bintang. I came across this incredible Japanese shop - the food hall was amazing. They were even growing their own salads.

There are malls everywhere. Within a 20 minute walk of the hotel there are at least 5!

This is the Pavillion Mall - one of the posher ones.

I came back to the hotel for a bit of a rest. Then decided to head back yo last night's mall for dinner.

The mall had a couple of great Japanese useless items stores - I love these types of shops

I had dinner at Nandos - I think this exists in the UK but there aren't any in France. I had a veggie burger with piripiri fries and coleslaw. It was delicious. It cost 27RM (7 euros).

I headed back to the hotel - I have walked 24,700 steps today - over 17km!

Hopefully will have a good night's sleep ready for tomorrow!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 30 Oct 16 2:13 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I love the hoho buses, they are a great way to get an idea of what the place is like. It looks very nice, there are some impressive buildings, I bet it looks nice at night.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
I love the hoho buses, they are a great way to get an idea of what the place is like. It looks very nice, there are some impressive buildings, I bet it looks nice at night.
It was a good idea - but it doubled back on itself so much I still have no idea where things are

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Wow that's impressive mileage! Food looks great and so cheap. You do need to try the hotel breakfast at least once and report back on curry for breakfast

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Wow that's impressive mileage! Food looks great and so cheap. You do need to try the hotel breakfast at least once and report back on curry for breakfast
I promise to try breakfast one day just for everyone here

Index of my trip reports
Old 30 Oct 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Wow so much walking! Looks like you had a great day, look forward to reading more.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LN89 View Post
Wow so much walking! Looks like you had a great day, look forward to reading more.
Thanks Laura! I managed even more today. How I am houng to manage tomorrow at FRIN and the Batu Caves I don't know!

Index of my trip reports
Old 31 Oct 16, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start. Wonderful mixture of old and new buildings.
Old 31 Oct 16, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thats a lot of steps Mel! I think I managed four thousand yesterday lol! You earnt that Nandos!
Temples look amazing, so much culture in one area, fantastic, looking forward to more.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List