Notices

Old 30 Jul 17, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Ontario And Quebec 2017: Day 5 - River Otter Cabin

Another early start for me but the rest of the family managed a lie in!

After breakfast (toast, cereal and coffee) we got everything packed up! We decided to have a last walk to some falls to stretch our legs! We picked up coffee as well from a local chain - boy was it bitter!

This made us laugh - it was going so slow that it was almost going backwards! Weight wise - not very balanced!

There were lots of these monuments dotted around Ottawa showing a relief map of the actual area.

We got back to the apartment, packed up the car and by 11am we were off to our next destination.

We stopped at Michael's craft store as F wanted to visit! Thankfully not much purchased!

We pressed on to Perth - about a 90 minute drive. We decided we would have lunch here, stock up in the supermarket and then head out to the next cottage!

We parked up and found this pub. It was busy - always a good sign!

J had a roasted veg pizza! O had fish and chips, F a veggie burger and me felafel tacos. We all agreed it was lovely! Cost was C$72 plus tip!

The cottage was about a 30 minute drive. It is at the end of the toad so no passing traffic.

It is a lovely cottage - very rustic but it has a nice feeling about it.

We unpacked - the kids are upstairs and we have a room downstairs.

And the reason why we chose this cottage - on the river!

And the view down stream!

The only downside is that due to the rainy spring/early summer there are tons of mozzies. They are slow and easy to kill but even with spray and citronella bracelets we are being bitten

It didn't take long for the kids and J to get into the water!

While I looked at the wildlife!

And some more!

The kids started to get hungry so dinner was made!

We tried going outside but even with jeans and socks we were getting attacked. We decided a drive to see the lay if the land was a good idea!

But not before a sunset photo!

More wildlife - what a treat!

We worked out that on one direction there was nothing, the other had a small village with a few shops. Perth was looking lively

Plenty of laughs were had in the car though - many at J's expense!

Back at the house Uno was played before we decided it was time to go to bed - hopefully the house is mosquito free!

Edited at 02:51 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 30 Jul 17 3:02 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

The cottage looks lovely. Shame about the mozzies .
Looks like lots of fun will be had on the river. Great photos

Edited at 07:25 AM.
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Your cottage looks gorgeous with beautiful views and you'll all make good use of the river. Not great about the nozzles, hope they don't spoil your stay. Great wildlife shots.
Old 30 Jul 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The cottage is in a lovely setting such a shame about the mozzies hope they don't spoil your enjoyment of the river😞

Joan
Old 30 Jul 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Cottage looks great shame about the mozzies I hope your not covered in bites!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

A travel day and time for me to refer to google maps! So... Perth is about halfway between Ottawa and Kingston. Looks like a lovely little place on the river and a contrast in pace from Ottawa!

The cabin looks simple, but really clean, warm and inviting. And the spot on the river looks idyllic. You do find great holiday rentals.

Hope you can scare off the mosquitoes. Might be worth asking in Perth for what the locals use. They don't like movement, do they (the mozzies, not the locals ), so, if there's a fan you can take outside... Depending on how close you sit to the house. Mind you then you need an open door or window.

Lovely pics. I wonder what they were tugging along the river in that container.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LuvPluto View Post
The cottage looks lovely. Shame about the mozzies .
Looks like lots of fun will be had on the river. Great photos
Thank you - the cottage is idyllic!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Your cottage looks gorgeous with beautiful views and you'll all make good use of the river. Not great about the nozzles, hope they don't spoil your stay. Great wildlife shots.
We swapped anti-mozzie lotion today and used the deet stuff as opposed to the non- deet and it seemed better! Time will tell!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
The cottage is in a lovely setting such a shame about the mozzies hope they don't spoil your enjoyment of the river😞

Joan
Nothing can get in the way of lake enjoyment

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Cottage looks great shame about the mozzies I hope your not covered in bites!
Had lots of bites but the roll on stuff I got back home seems to be calming them down!

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
A travel day and time for me to refer to google maps! So... Perth is about halfway between Ottawa and Kingston. Looks like a lovely little place on the river and a contrast in pace from Ottawa!

The cabin looks simple, but really clean, warm and inviting. And the spot on the river looks idyllic. You do find great holiday rentals.

Hope you can scare off the mosquitoes. Might be worth asking in Perth for what the locals use. They don't like movement, do they (the mozzies, not the locals ), so, if there's a fan you can take outside... Depending on how close you sit to the house. Mind you then you need an open door or window.

Lovely pics. I wonder what they were tugging along the river in that container.

Exactly right about Perth

The holiday rental projects take a lot of research Months in this case!

The deet lotion seems to be more effective!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Cottage looks lovely but that's a pain about the beastly mozzies so hope they buzz off ! Lovely last morning in Ottawa, it looks a neat place.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Cottage looks lovely, and what a treat to see the wild life. Great day.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List