Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 22 Feb 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

A Disney photo album , fridge magnets and Starbucks mugs !
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

My favourite souvenir and the best thing I ever bought back from Disney will be 21 on Saturday 😉😊

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

We are not really ones for getting something with the year on or anything but we have various things we have bought. I like to buy something for the house and more generally everyday items, that I see often and make me think of Disney and remember where we were when we bought it. They are things always around that spark a memory often, simply because of where they are from:

- Photo frames (wooden ones with subtle mickey silhouettes) with relevant photos in of course
- A Mickey desk clock which I have in my home office
- A Mickey coffee travel mug I use during commute
- A WDW keyring for my house keys (a smart silver with mickey silhouette - replaced a mickey 'pieces' one from earlier years)
- Kitchen bits and pieces like a Mickey Trivet (this is one of my favourite things in my ktichen), Mickey/Minnie oven gloves, Mickey bottle stoppers, cookie cutters, tea towels
- Disney towels (kids use for swimming and bath time here)
- Bath toys (Nemo)
- Kids bedrooms nbow have a princess photo frame and music boxes

Regular items:
- Always a new christmas decoration from the Chirstmas Shop in MK (like many others it seems)
- A new soft toy (special because from WDW - we still have mickeys and minnies from when we very first started going)
- A photo album/scrapbook (with year)
- The girls have autograph books each year
- Minnie Ears (we now have small collection of these in our family room as a reminder, together with some disney text)

This sounds like we are utterly Disney mad and have stuff all over the house but we really don't. Most of the things we have are subtle, small things which just bring a smile often. I have only good memories and these things are just a small reminder

I would say get anything that you think will make you remember - if you have a favourite ride when you are there or you have a great character interaction or a favourite park, get something to remind you of it. Something you can keep and see at home that will put you right back in the parks whenever you want.
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disneybumble3 View Post
I'm also going to make a scrapbook, I love a good scrapbook!
There are some nice scrapbook things, we found best selection normally at the larger shops like the big World of Disney at Disney Springs and MouseGear in Epcot had most scrapbook bits and pieces.

Also remember to take lots of random snaps as you go round, of 'things' like ride and area signs, banners, any hidden mickeys you find, shop fronts, even litter bins, the insignia in different areas, any theming like the walk in to ToT. These things are great backgrounds and simple memories to accompany photos of people or rides/shows. The detail at WDW is amazing such that you almost miss it so when you see something that you go wow, however simple, snap it as you never know how you might use it and can be so effective.

One of great things about having digital cameras and cheap/home prints these days.
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
The Christmas shop in Liberty Square still personalises items. We have a Mickey head from 2000 which is a prized item on our Christmas tree each year.

Ooohhh Geoff I like that!
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We brought back xmas baubles and pandora charms plus a few mugs. We did but lots and lots whilst there but I wouldn’t class it as ‘souvenirs’
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 04:47 AM  
Link to this Post

I've started collecting Pins, but significant ones, so a 1st time Pin, one from each park, some really nice ones like Walt Disney inside a case etc.

I also collect keyrings anyway, have bought quite a few here although disappointed they didn't have a Hollywood Studios one that said it.

We also like those penny presses that are dotted about. Never have enough quarters though!

I've bought a lovely box/frame that looks like a fairytale story book. Got a Harry Potter frame and a Simpsons frame. Need a Disney one at some point. I've bought a really nice book all about Disney. I'm also getting all,of the leaflets to use as back grounds for a scrapbook. I haven't seen it yet but DH said Walmart had craft stuff so excited about going there for that. I missed the shop at Epcot so need to go back there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 04:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh and I've always loved The Sorcerer's Apprentice so bought myself a Mickey Mouse Apprentice soft toy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List