Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Aug 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Avani's_mum
Getting Excited

The Three Amigo's Day 2

THE THREE AMIGOS DAY 2 (wed 16th August)

So today my dad was going off on his own adventure to Paris where he went to a few galleries and the Notre Dame where he lit a candle in memory of my beautiful mum.

He set off for the shuttle to the train station at 8.30 and me and Avani were soon ready and we were on the next shuttle to Walt Disney Studios.

We got the the gates at 9.25 and OMG the queues were looooong! We didn't know it but it was a bank holiday In France! (Great planning on my part eh!) they opened the gates at 9.30 and we were soon inside. After being behind a stupid woman reading a map in the line and not paying attention when the line moved up...until a quick poke in the back from me and she got the message! 😂😂

We headed straight to crushes coaster and waited for about 30 mins...didn't notice you could do single rider until right near the end! :angry::angry::angry: the ride was really really good and I would have gone on again if the queue wasn't so long. Even for single rider it was over 30 mins! We then went on the toy story parachutes as single riders and waited about 5 mins. This was an ok ride to be honest but abit too young for me and Avani. We had skipped the ratatouille ride because the queue was about 80 mins- erm nope no way would I wait that long for any ride (unless Tom Hardy would be sat at the side of me holding my hand 😂&#128514 after this we went to tower of terror, now this is my fave ride at WDW Florida so I was excited to ride. Avani flat out refused to ride this. She rode this in Florida in 2014 and she hated every single moment of it so she vowed she wouldn't do it again. I asked a CM if she could queue with me and then sit out the ride and they said yep not a problem. This didn't stop Avani moaning the whole 30 mins we queued saying she hated it! Even though she knew she wasn't riding it! Well what can I say about this ride! AMAZING! different to the Florida one but just as good! I really enjoyed it and had my hands up in the air the whole time!

By this time it was not 11am and we hadn't eaten or drank anything so we went to blockbuster cafe and I had a ham and mushroom pizza thing and Avani had a croque Monsieur- i obviously helped her out with hers as bloody hell it was goooood! We also shared a cheesecake with raspberry coulis. Yummy!

We then went on Armageddon... now what can I say about this ride... 🤔🤔🤔 didn't understand what the hell was going on! Hahaha but it was another ride crossed off the list!

We then walked to the backlot tour but the wait was 60 mins so as mr hardy wouldn't be holding my hand on this ride we bypassed it and went to art of animation. This was good, some bits in French and some in English. I always get so emotional watching things like this and thought about how much Disney means to me and Avani and how much my mum loved it and it gave me a lump in my throat. The next section was very clever they had head sets that meant you could pick your language so you could understand what was happening.

After this Avani said she wanted to go back to Disneyland parc so we headed over there..it was 12.30pm at this point and now this is where the day took a turn for the worse.

It was busy... very busy! All of the rides were over 60 mins so we fastpassed buzz for 15.35 and walked to pirates of the Caribbean... the queue was that mad you couldn't even see the wait time notice board! So we walked to big thunder and the wait was 90 mins! Again no mr hardy so no ride! Lol we sat under the water sprinklers near there for a while as it was hot hot hot! We then decided to go on phantom manor and the queue was 40 Mins but seeing as we had looped the park at this point and not been on anything we decided to wait! Still a good ride and we enjoyed it.

We decided that we would ride pirates whatever the wait as we both enjoyed it last time so we walked back over and it was closed! 😱😱 so we then decided to go on the railroad and chill before our buzz fastpass so we walked to the fantasyland stop and waited 40 mins (there's a theme here can you tell! ) we went round the loop once and then got off at discovery land and walked straight to buzz.

The standard wait time was 90 mins and with fastpasses we waited for...you guessed it...40 mins! We enjoyed the ride tho but Avani said her gun didn't work properly (yeah ok Avani 😂&#128514 we had were abit peckish now so we decided to go to caseys corner so I left Avani on a wall outside (I could see her) and got in the queue...OMG...30 mins I queued for 8 nuggets and a bloody sprite! There wasn't enough staff on by half!

We ate these and avani said she wasn't bothered about the parade so we came out of the park and walked around Disney village. I text my dad and arranged to meet him outside rainforest cafe as he was on the train back from Paris. I said to Avani that she had €80 to spend but not to go mad because we had only travelled with hand luggage. So I was thinking she would get some clothes or jewellery etc...oh no she chose a huge beast teddy for €40, a belle jewellery box for €20 and a beauty and the beast playset for €20! I treated myself to a ring for €20 too 😊

we met up with my dad and was seated straight away at the rainforest cafe...I had a Louisiana chicken burger and a beer, dad had a little Italy burger and a coffee and Avani had a child's burger and apple juice. We chatted and caught up on each other's days.

After we had paid the bill we walked to the shuttle and mercifully the queue wasn't too bad! Hallelujah! Lol we got back to the hotel and got a pint of beer each (Avani had Diet Coke) and went to our room and packed and played cards until about 11pm and then we went to sleep.

Now if you remember our travel day our transfer didn't show up well they text me saying that they would pick us up at 10am in the morning but I text them back saying not to bother. We decided to get the train to the airport instead! Thank you for reading!

FLORIDA =1994.1996.1998.1999.2001.2007.2008.2014.2016.2018
Avani's_mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope your dad had a nice day in Paris! Sounds like a busy one in the parks, was it still enjoyable? Your daughter sounds so good you must be really proud
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
zoe3003
Imagineer

I have really enjoyed reading these. I want to go next year and need to talk my husband round so Earl of sandwich and castle photos have really helped!

(He has just asked who I'm messaging, said I'm on The Dibb, his response was oh my god so it begins - I'm taking that as a get planning! )
SSR & RPR Aug 15
zoe3003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

im with you on the Tom Hardy hand holding, think id queue for a week for that!
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List