Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 9 Oct 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

TLDEWBMTDOPTT Day 1

It was an early start again but we never mind that when we're off to DisneyLand!

We were straight onto the train and I think it was the one that was slightly earlier too.
We had a super quick drive through France with only one stop for a wee and a quick run around. We did bump into another family heading to DLP so hello if it was you! We pulled into the Sequoia Lodge car park at about 11am and it was absolutely chock full so we ended up at the very far end. It's not possible to drop the kids off with the luggage and make them wait for me so we had the face the walk with aaaaaalllllll the luggage and two kids. Fun! Seen as it was so early we just got the essentials out and headed to reception and got checked in. I tried to get tickets for Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show but I was told it was sold out all week! Nooooo! It was something we'd been saving for this trip and now no tickets. However, we tried again later...

As the room wasn't ready yet we headed into the parks! Yay! But first it was time for a spot of lunch at the Rainforest Café. It's one of the boys favourite places to eat so I couldn't say no to them. I had the Rainforest Pitta Quesadilla and 'shared' the boy's icecream. The boys had a mix of burgers and meatballs and then shared their icecreams with me! I drank a lovely cool beer as no driving for me until Friday!

As we were walking past the ticket kiosk in the Village, I thought I'd try my luck there and see if they had any BBWWS tickets. So we asked and were told no... until another cast member said they had had three returns about 5 minutes ago and YES! They had tickets available! It made our day! Clutching the hottest tickets in town, now it was time to get into the parks.

It was so very lovely being back and we were so excited. We finally knew what everyone meant when they say they are 'home'. The park looked phenomenal with all the 25th Anniversary decorations.

First stop was Phantom Manor as it's a favourite and only had a 5 minute wait. We found that this week the queues were always tiny so we got loads done and not too much waiting around. And for the first time we got all the way around with no playful spooks messing us around! We found the new graveyard at the back of the manor too. Very spooky sound effects back there.

Outside we stopped at the kiosk and bought Pete a pair of Mickey Ears which he's been after and all ready for the February Florida trip. Doug spotted his Lion King hat which he has barely taken off all summer. We had a quick wander around the shop and then onto AdventureLand.

We had a wander up the treehouse and wondered what it would be like to live up there (amazing!) We had a good explore of Skull Rock and the boys had a run around on the playground while I had a little sit down as it had been a long old day for me so far. It was time to head back to Sequoia Lodge so we could get our luggage, have a rest and get changed ready for an evening with Buffalo Bill. It was interesting getting our stuff from the car into the hotel! I'd packed a suitcase of snacks to try and keep costs down and that along with the cool box, a random bag that the kids decided they absolutely needed and the suitcase with clothes, it was a bit of a struggle to get back. Plus we had to put it all through the xray in reception! Joy! Finally in the room I got to unpack and stop for a bit.

We headed back out at 5pm and were queueing to get into the show. And the queues were huge. And not exactly directed at all so there was a huge amount of shoving and queue jumping. However, we got our hats and were let into the bar and preshow. The show was brilliant and had the Goof singing and dancing along with a band and another singer who's name escapes me. Unfortunately, the queue for the bar was huge and with not enough bar staff I didn't manage to get a cocktail on the way in. Luckily the beer was free flowing once in the show!
The show and food were excellent and I would totally recommend going! We were in tier 2 seating about half way back but had a great view as the action happens all over the arena and the seats are well tiered.

The boys were playing at rough riders and cowboys all the way back to the hotel and have kept asking if we can see it again. We were all pretty shattered by the time we got back and were all in bed and dropping off by 9:30pm.

Edited at 09:28 PM. Reason: Title
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List