Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 6 Dec 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

PIP I can’t believe it!

As some of you might know, I have a condition called Charcot foot, a damage to the bones in my left foot.
I was on DLA indefinite and in Ictober was “invited” to apply for PIP.
Had my Capita interview on 8th November and was told to not expect a decision until the new year.
With tge results people were getting, I was not hopeful.

Today I have come home to a DW&P letter.

I can’t believe it!
Letter informs me that I will get standard PIP until 2022 ( extra to what I got on indefinite DLA)
And
Enhanced Mobility also!

For those of you fighting, don’t give up. Miracles DO hapoen1
!
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

They do. My sons indefinite DLA was changed to PIP almost a year ago and the amount he was awarded is almost double. He's got it for ten years so I've another nine years before I need to start worrying about it again, his is with complex learning difficulties and ASD. Such a relief isn't it?
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

My sister in law has MS and was told she was loosing everything. She appealed and it turned out the OT had sent the wrong report in. When she sent the right one on she got everything back! Unbelievable! 😡

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

That’s great news. I’m so pleased for you.
Old 8 Dec 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

that's wonderful news
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
They do. My sons indefinite DLA was changed to PIP almost a year ago and the amount he was awarded is almost double. He's got it for ten years so I've another nine years before I need to start worrying about it again, his is with complex learning difficulties and ASD. Such a relief isn't it?
Hi, just wondering if he got any mobility included with this.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Hi, just wondering if he got any mobility included with this.
He hasn't got physical mobility problems but does need help planning a journey which he's never done before (which to be honest doesn't happen very often). He's never been on a bus or train before alone he just couldn't cope with the stress of organising himself to ask for the fare or directions. He's been taking driving lessons and learning how to use a SatNav so I'm hoping it may give him confidence to manage better in the future, although he's got to get through the test first, his instructor and I were discussing booking him a test and the following driving lesson he was so worked up about the thought of taking a test he had a rubbish lesson. Passed his theory on his second go and had to sort himself out on his own for that (although I walked him up to the door of the test centre and briefed him on what to expect).
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow thats brilliant, mine couldnt organise a journey on their own or not able to take driving lessons. Well done to your son for getting this far.x
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List