Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jan 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post

stormalong bay was the draw for us today, but the studio on the 9th went after about 30 seconds ( after 1pm ) it really was that fast
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
stormalong bay was the draw for us today, but the studio on the 9th went after about 30 seconds ( after 1pm ) it really was that fast
Yes I noticed that one day had gone, hard luck. BCV is a hard studio to secure at 7, 1 bed is easy. Problem with the 1 beds at BCV and BWV is only 2 sleep surfaces, which is why I'm getting a 2 bed at BWV this year, which I have to get if we want an Epcot resort (we won't stay in a studio as too cramped for Mrs Y and no washer dryer, kids are girl and boy and now getting too old to sleep in same bed).
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Yes we need a 2 bed but they are very quick to go it seems at BC too.we would have a garden/pool view at BWV or a lake view at BLT,as that is all that's available for our dates/points we have.will just have to see what's available on Thursday!.dh just thrown a spanner in the works as we could get an extra day if we stay akl std 2 bed,but as we stayed at Kidani last year I'd rather branch out a bit
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Yes we need a 2 bed but they are very quick to go it seems at BC too.we would have a garden/pool view at BWV or a lake view at BLT,as that is all that's available for our dates/points we have.will just have to see what's available on Thursday!.dh just thrown a spanner in the works as we could get an extra day if we stay akl std 2 bed,but as we stayed at Kidani last year I'd rather branch out a bit
I'd suggest doing what I did. Because the 2 beds are all lockoffs at BWV, they come available if and when a studio is cancelled. Book whatever, burlt immediately waitlist a 2 bed standard view at BWV. It's one of the most difficult rooms to get because points are so low for a 2 bed, but because of the lockoff situation, if your waitlist is in, assuming there is a 1 bed free (which there usually is that time of year until at least 6 months out) as soon as a studio is cancelled, assuming you are next in the list, the computer reserves it as part of the 2 bed. My 2 bed standard at BWV came though in a week, and I had it automatically set to just replace my 1 bed lake view at BLT (exact same points ). You could then get extra days. It is a fantastic points value.

Edited at 11:33 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I'd suggest doing what I did. Because the 2 beds are all lockoffs at BWV, they come available if and when a studio is cancelled. Book whatever, burlt immediately waitlist a 2 bed standard view at BWV. It's one of the most difficult rooms to get because points are so low for a 2 bed, but because of the lockoff situation, if your waitlist is in, assuming there is a 1 bed free (which there usually is that time of year until at least 6 months out) as soon as a studio is cancelled, assuming you are next in the list, the computer reserves it as part of the 2 bed. My 2 bed standard at BWV came though in a week, and I had it automatically set to just replace my 1 bed lake view at BLT (exact same points ). You could then get extra days. It is a fantastic points value.
Thanks for that- will have a look at points situation and see if it changes how many days we can get,cheers
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Well we managed to get 2 bed dedicated at the beach club,will try and waitlist for a std view at the boardwalk if we can get the extra day
Thanks for all the advice, I'm sure I'll spend the next few months second guessing if I made the right choice!

Edited at 03:21 PM.
Old 11 Jan 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Well we managed to get 2 bed dedicated at the beach club,will try and waitlist for a std view at the boardwalk if we can get the extra day
Thanks for all the advice, I'm sure I'll spend the next few months second guessing if I made the right choice!
That’s brilliant, I think you made the right choice

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

It's a good choice. If BWV standard comes through great, I haven't done the calcs but it will be at least another day. If it doesn't, well you are staying in the property with the slight edge anyway...
Old 13 Jan 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It's a good choice. If BWV standard comes through great, I haven't done the calcs but it will be at least another day. If it doesn't, well you are staying in the property with the slight edge anyway...
Thanksthe kids are looking forward to it,the std view at boardwalk would give us another day,but we are pleased either way