Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 21 Jan 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Saldisney18
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile 1st time on site - only 7 days, ideas?

Staying at CBR mid August for 7 days then off to universal and Clearwater ..
As only at Disney for 7 days want to get the best out of it that we can without being totally exhausted!
There is myself DH, 2 DD’s 15 & 12.
I’m thinking early starts first few days? Will have to do parks at weeekends too. All ideas greatly appreciated 😊
Saldisney18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

We were on the DDP last year and we booked the BOG breakfast at MK for 8am which allowed us to ride Peter Pan, Seven Dwarf Mine train and the Haunted Mansion without hardly any queues.
Also book your fast passes especially for Flight of Passage at AK, if you get there for rope drop the Navi river ride was only a 20 minute wait.
I would suggest only doing 1 of the Disney water parks, our favourite is Typhoon Lagoon out of the 2.
I am sure you will get more replies, happy planning
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Saldisney18
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by dorsetmutley View Post
We were on the DDP last year and we booked the BOG breakfast at MK for 8am which allowed us to ride Peter Pan, Seven Dwarf Mine train and the Haunted Mansion without hardly any queues.
Also book your fast passes especially for Flight of Passage at AK, if you get there for rope drop the Navi river ride was only a 20 minute wait.
I would suggest only doing 1 of the Disney water parks, our favourite is Typhoon Lagoon out of the 2.
I am sure you will get more replies, happy planning
Thank you! Yes was only planning on 1 water park so favourites most welcome! Also would like to do breakfast at CP which I know isn’t included in our DDP, was looking at MK on our first day after arrival but there are EMH then so do you think it would be a waste to book breakfast at CP or BOG on that day?
Saldisney18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

If it is EMH I wouldn't bother, just get there early
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

CP breakfast before 10am is a waste (IMO) even on a non-EMH day because of how they open MK now. I would book it for about 10:30 and hit the EMH rides. Then brunch at CP is a nice little break before starting your FPs.

If you do another morning at MK on non-EMH day, book BOG for 8am.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

We always do trips under a week. I think we have adapted the trips so we feel we get a lot done. First, you have to prioritize what you expect. My kids was to do rides and attractions so we do not spend a lot of valuable ride time eating. We will often eat breakfast at the resort, carry some snacks and then have dinner when we are done for the day.

We always stay on site for shorter trips. It is much easier to use Disney transport and not have to deal with parking and it takes a bit of time to make you way through the parking lot and to the park (MK especially because you by pass the TTC with Disney transport.)

We always get there early even when the park is packed, you can get a lot done before 11 AM or noon.

Also by the time my kids were your DD's ages, they were fine on their own in the parks (and out as long as on property) so split up. You do more if you are not sitting waiting for your party members to ride.

I could not do WDW for more than 6 or 7 days. To me it is not a vacation but hard work. We have been in August and the weekends have not been bad. Southern US schools are back in session and a lot of parents do not see it as a good time even for a WDW day trip.

Edited at 05:35 PM.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Saldisney18
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
CP breakfast before 10am is a waste (IMO) even on a non-EMH day because of how they open MK now. I would book it for about 10:30 and hit the EMH rides. Then brunch at CP is a nice little break before starting your FPs.

If you do another morning at MK on non-EMH day, book BOG for 8am.
Hi sorry to sound thick but what do you mean by ‘how they open it now?’ Many Thanks 😊
Old 21 Jan 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Saldisney18
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
We always do trips under a week. I think we have adapted the trips so we feel we get a lot done. First, you have to prioritize what you expect. My kids was do do rides and attractions so we do not spend a lot of valuable ride time eating. We will often eat breakfast at the resort, carry some snacks and then have dinner when we are done for the day.

We always stay on site for shorter trips. It is much easier to use Disney transport and not have to deal with parking and it takes a bot of time to make you way through the parking lot and to the park (MK especially because you by pass the TTC.)

We always get there early even when packed, you can get a lot done before 11 AM or noon.

Also by the time my kids were your DD's ages, they were fine on their own in the parks (and out as long as on property) so split up. You do more if you are not sitting waiting for your party members to ride.

I could not do WDW for more than 6 or 7 days. To me it is not a vacation but hard work. We have been in August and the weekends have not been bad. Southern US schools are back in session and a lot of parents do not see it as a good time even for a WDW day trip.
Many thanks for your advice 😊
Old 21 Jan 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saldisney18 View Post
Hi sorry to sound thick but what do you mean by ‘how they open it now?’ Many Thanks 😊
It used to be that people were held at the entrance in front of the train station until park open. Now everyone is let into Main Street up to the Hub around 7:45-8am, even if the opening time isn't until 9am. The opening time is when lands/rides open, rather than specifically the main gates. It changed to this process about a year ago.

What it means for CP is that if you have an 8am breakfast here and take just under an hour, when you exit you'll be behind everyone lined up in the Hub ready to get into the lands when they open. BOG at 8am is still fine as it's on the other side of the ropes in Fantasyland, so you'll be able to get to any ride there quicker than those coming from the Hub. But many people know this, which makes it one of the hardest ADRs to get.

Regardless of where you book, it also means you can no longer use a pre-9am breakfast reservation to get "empty" Main Street photos.

Edited at 05:32 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Saldisney18
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
It used to be that people were held at the entrance in front of the train station until park open. Now everyone is let into Main Street up to the Hub around 7:45-8am, even if the opening time isn't until 9am. The opening time is when lands/rides open, rather than specifically the main gates. It changed to this process about a year ago.

What it means for CP is that if you have an 8am breakfast here and take just under an hour, when you exit you'll be behind everyone lined up in the Hub ready to get into the lands when they open. BOG at 8am is still fine as it's on the other side of the ropes in Fantasyland, so you'll be able to get to any ride there quicker than those coming from the Hub. But many people know this, which makes it one of the hardest ADRs to get.

Regardless of where you book, it also means you can no longer use a pre-9am breakfast reservation to get "empty" Main Street photos.
Thank you for clarifying this for me, I agree then you def don't get the benefit of an early breakfast reservation!