Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Jan 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Haven't been since 2006, help!

As title says, its been donkey's years since i've been to WDW and am going now in May with husband, 10 year old daughter and baby girl (she will turn 7 months when we are there).

So much has changed at Disney since i've been - the dining plan isn't the same (the appetisers are gone ), we are staying fully onsite at OKW which i've never done and i'm the only one who has been before so it all feels a little overwhelming!

Plus we had to change our dates and ended up shortening trip so we are going for 10 days and i've never been for less than 15 days. Can you please have a look at what i've sorted and let me know your thoughts? We are not 'all day in the parks' people so each day there will be swimming and napping because we love doing both

Day 1: Arrive in Tampa, drive to OKW. Dinner: Olivia's
Day 2: MK morning. Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table at 8am so we can get a head start on the day. Early evening either at Epcot or Disney Springs
Day 3: AK morning. Breakfast at Tusker House at 8am. Couple of hours at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon in the late afternoon.
Day 4: Day trip to Anna Maria Island (my favourite place on earth so this day is non-negotiable )
Day 5: Epcot morning. Lunch at Coral Reef. Disney Character Outlet/Premium Outlet shopping in late afternoon.
Day 6: MK morning. Lunch at Be Our Guest. Disney Springs in evening. Dinner at Art Smith's Homecoming.
Day 7: Hollywood Studios morning. Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe. Evening either Epcot or back to Studios.
Day 8: Day trip to NASA. Also non-negotiable as hubby and older daughter are space mad!
Day 9: Breakfast at Olivia's. Typhoon Lagoon in the morning. Late afternoon/evening at Epcot. Rose and Crown for dinner at 7.45 so hoping to snag table for fireworks.
Day 10: Pandora at AK at opening to ride and use fastpasses. Afternoon by pool/packing. O'Hana dinner reservation at 8pm, again hoping to snag good table for fireworks at 9pm.
Day 11: We leave today. late morning reservation at Chef Mickey's.

It isn't as long as i'd like but I think its a good taster. We of course have to go back when baby is around 4-5 and star wars should be all done by then!

I'd be grateful for your thoughts, ideas etc. Haven't done fastpasses yet - I love to plan but the fastpasses not so much, its just too much planning. Have 4 more weeks before those have to be chosen.

Thank you in advance!

Edited at 08:30 PM.
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It looks good to me apart from no evening at MK. The fireworks are best viewed from inside the park now due to the projections, plus the night time atmosphere there is just magical. If it were me, I'd change Day 6 to be a DS morning (assuming you want to shop - otherwise just have a pool/slow morning) and then head to MK for the afternoon and evening. Although that does mean moving Homecomin' to another night, which I'd recommend since I haven't seen a bad review for them yet. There's a few spaces where that could go though, e.g. day 3.

And just a heads up - you didn't mention it, but I wouldn't use a Tusker House PPO if you're trying to get a head start on getting into Pandora as the queue forms on the other side which you'd then have to join the back of. It's still good for getting to the safari quickly though.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you! I hadn’t planned on MK at night just because of baby but I could try to squeeze it in. Or DH could take our eldest daughter to see them.

I booked Tusker House so we could get straight on Safari! Am doing fastpass for pandora and forgot to say on day 10 am adding more pandora fastpasses - we will be there at opening to try and ride without fastpass and then again with fastpass around 10.30/11. I’m going to amend now!

Thank you again!
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I did wonder if it was because of the baby but you mentioned evenings at Epcot. Out of the two, I'd prioritise MK over Epcot if you have restricted evenings. The Epcot fireworks haven't changed since you were there.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just make sure you see as many of the night shows as you can with baby! All are amazing! Don’t forget there’s one at magic kingdom, two at Hollywood studios, one at Epcot and now a lovely show at animal kingdom which IMO is worth watching
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List