Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So confused - first time cruise (hey I made a rhyme!)

So, we are planning on going on the Disney Fantasy probably this spring.
My sister works on the ship so she will have to book the cruise to get her staff rates, and we will sort out the rest.
Due to flight schedules we will need a pre-night. What are the benefits of staying on site at Disney vs. somewhere on I drive/other off site?
Can you book 1 night hotel on the Disney website (so we can get the ME to the hotel)?
We probably aren't planning on hiring a car, we will probably book a Mears or something to get to Port Canaveral.
Thank you!
Old 23 Jan 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t really see allot of merit staying on site for one night before cruise unless you are doing the parks ?

I would be inclined to stay over at port Canaraval so that you are near the ship and ready to go.

Then just get one transfer from the airport to port canaraval and you don’t need a transfer the second day.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by rubberduckie89 View Post
So, we are planning on going on the Disney Fantasy probably this spring.
My sister works on the ship so she will have to book the cruise to get her staff rates, and we will sort out the rest.
Due to flight schedules we will need a pre-night. What are the benefits of staying on site at Disney vs. somewhere on I drive/other off site?
Can you book 1 night hotel on the Disney website (so we can get the ME to the hotel)?
We probably aren't planning on hiring a car, we will probably book a Mears or something to get to Port Canaveral.
Thank you!
Hi, welcome to the cruise forum!
Our favourite crew member works on the Fantasy although she's on vacation right now.
So, are you wanting one of the late availability rooms WITH your sister or just using her discount? I'm sure you know that you may have to wait until very short notice if it's the former as they may not have space for you. With that in mind though, I'd book a hotel that is fully refundable in case your dates change.
We always stay on property the night before, but we are DVC owners so it doesn't cost us 'money' per se!

How about doing a hotel down on Cocoa Beach? Some of those offer a collection from the airport on one day, an overnight stay, breakfast and then a shuttle up to the port on cruise day. Probably cheaper than your original choice?

Joa
Old 23 Jan 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I read a trippie by adamtoonarmy and I’m sure they stayed one night at the Hyatt at MCO when they arrived, then got the DCL transfer from the airport.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I read a trippie by adamtoonarmy and I’m sure they stayed one night at the Hyatt at MCO when they arrived, then got the DCL transfer from the airport.
It's very convenient doing that but it's also fairly expensive. DCL transfers in themselves run to $35 per person each way, then the Hyatt is over $140 normally.

Definitely convenient though
Old 26 Jan 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We stayed in the Art of Animation for one night last October, before our cruise on the Dream. DH had always wanted to stay there (he has a crush on Ariel!), so I surprised him - he thought we were staying at the airport hotel!

It cost me less to stay there than at the Hyatt, I booked it online at Disney Holidays UK and it was around £75 for the night. I then had to ring them up to book the Magical Express to take us from the airport to AOA, although that trip was free. We had a really lovely night there, had dinner in the food court and explored the resort, then the next day had a leisurely breakfast back in the food court before being collected from there by the DCL bus to go to Port Canaveral. I had had to book this on the phone, and it did indeed cost us $35 each, but was so easy and convenient.

Coming back, we got the DCL transfer back to the airport as we were collecting a hire car for the next 2 weeks.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for personally, but we had a fantastic time at AOA and it 'kick-started' our Disney fix!
Old 26 Jan 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you all for your help!