Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 12 Jan 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Topazcheal
Trying for More Ears

We did all the Disney parks, universal, sea world and Aquatica last year, 14 nights family of 4 kids 8 & 15. We did not plan a return visit so was trying to jam in as much as we could! As a result were going again in a few months just disney this time!

It was to much to pack in and we found we were rushing from ride to ride in the parks to try and fit it all in ☹️ Which we did not manage.

Might be worth working out what you absolutely cannot miss and what's not so important to your group
Topazcheal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

We suffered the same but that was entirely expected - my view on this is that if you aren't going back any time soon, what would you rather miss, a part of one park, or the entirety of another? I deeply regret attempting a second day at MK without fastpasses, it was the only day on the trip nobody really enjoyed. Not trying to say my opinion is any more or less valid, but it's not always a foolproof option. One of the most important parts of an itinerary I think is having a day that's flexible based on how the rest of the trip has gone.
Old 12 Jan 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
We suffered the same but that was entirely expected - my view on this is that if you aren't going back any time soon, what would you rather miss, a part of one park, or the entirety of another? I deeply regret attempting a second day at MK without fastpasses, it was the only day on the trip nobody really enjoyed. Not trying to say my opinion is any more or less valid, but it's not always a foolproof option. One of the most important parts of an itinerary I think is having a day that's flexible based on how the rest of the trip has gone.
Great advice keeping a day thats flexible so we can go back to the park that we need to 😆
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

With 14-day tickets typically being the best option these days, it's a no brainer
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

Couple of interesting points made above.

Flexibility is key. I have a 'strict' itinerary that will fly out the window fairly fast. In 2016 it rained pretty bad one day we were there so we switched to an indoor activity we had planned later in the week, this year there's a rocket launch planned while we're there and if that goes ahead (big if) then we'll adjust around it I guess.

With us not doing Universal this trip, we have a lot more time available to us for leeway.

With the park hopping, that's something we plan on doing a bit more this trip too. with splitting some of the bigger parks into say three visits for half a day or 2/3 day instead of doing a park until we're shattered.

One day we're gonna do DHS in the morning, get the boat up to the swan, go play some mini golf, wander up to Epcot, watch illuminations and then check out the Boardwalk on the way back. It should all be fairly laid back, no rushing about, but I do like to do more than one park in a day
Old 26 Jan 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

This is a subject I've given a lot of thought to so thank you for posting! Here's my thoughts based on our May 2015 schedule and the amendments I plan to make next year - bearing in mind we are only 2 adults staying off site, we did all the shows/rides we wanted to and it wasn't overly busy when we went:

MK & EPCOT - 2 days each I thought this was enough (although I could happily spend my whole life there haha) and don't intend to change that amount.
AK - 1.5 days - I intend to increase this to 2 full days next year because of the new additions and because I love it!
HS - 1 very long marathon day - I will never do a whole day here again there are not enough rides to keep you entertained. I will return for a half day in the evening and see the show. It isn't a huge area to walk around.
Universal/IOA - 3 days over both parks - I had scheduled 4 and even though we loved it and would have had a 4th day we felt we didn't really need to, we had done everything we wanted. I will probably leave it at 3 next year and schedule a day for VB instead as it looks amazing!
Blizzard Beach - 1 day - we loved it here and intend to return for another day although we were back at the hotel earlier than a park day so I will probably try and arrange to see an evening show in another park on that day.
Typhoon Lagoon - 0.5 day - we did not enjoy this park at all and won't be scheduling it in next year!
Disney Springs - 0.5 Day - I definitely plan on doing a couple of half days/evenings here as the shops and restaurants are so lovely and I think the construction is finished.
Seaworld - 1 day - we personally did not enjoy this park at all and will not return I plan to use this day for VB next year.

Hope this gives you an idea of other peoples preferences but of course it very much depends on your circumstances. The best piece of advice I can offer is to research the rides/shows/eats/shops you really want to do and target those first. Then spend the rest of the holiday "mopping up" doing the others you might have missed, that way you get to see more and prioritize your time.

Happy planning!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by maisiecupcake View Post
Hey guys just wondering how many days per park would you say you would need to do everything?

Were planning at the moment and due to dining reservation issues it means we might need to change days and amount of days in order to dine where we want to!

Were going to;

Animal Kingdom
Hollywood Studios
Epcot
Typhoon Lagoon
Kennedy Space Centre
Universal Studios
Volcano Bay
Island of Adventure

Thanks all xx
I would do at least three but preferably four days split between IoA and Universal - we are huge HP fans. KSC is obviously a day trip, we combined it with one of those airboat tours.

I would go to Typhoon Lagoon from opening time to early afternoon and then go to another park afterwards and use my FP allowance up. Never been toVolcano Bay but imagine that is a day.

I would visit each of the four Disney (non water) parks several times by spending just a morning, afternoon, evening or just a couple of hours in one place rather than spend the full day at a single park. But I would probably want the equivalent of three days MK, two days AK and then the equivalent of one day would be enough for me at Epcot and HS.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List