Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Feb 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
wildwood
Excited about Disney

Mobile Help just booked first Disney cruise

As the title says I have just booked our first Disney cruise for myself and DH . What do i need to know , what top tips does everyone know or do and we have selected first sitting and I see that we will be given a table number ECT what resturants will this be for ? Very excited but nervous as I am also a bit scared of the sea . Any help , suggestions or must I would really apperciate it .
wildwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

What cruise are you doing? Bahamas 3 nights?
Old 3 Feb 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
wildwood
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
What cruise are you doing? Bahamas 3 nights?
Yes 3 nights
wildwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloggy37
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Oh fantastic, me and the hubby did the 3 night Disney cruise back in 2005, it really is fab especially castaway cay. You will enjoy it
Cloggy37 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Wow that sounds awesome! What a nice surprise! You have exactly the same countdown as me Nearly there!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Why does my DH never say anything like that to me? 🤔

I am so envious! Have the most amazing time! 👍
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 05:11 AM  
Link to this Post
wildwood
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone , I do have an amazing husband , we have had and are still having a hard few years as I have been very ill currently in remission from cancer and recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia which makes me feel like I am 90 years old , ( I am 43) we have learnt to try and enjoy and make memories when we can as you just don't know what is around the corner . I have booked a surprise for him when we get to the car collection I have upgraded us so we have a convertible just a little way of saying how much I appreciate everything he has done for me .
Old 5 Feb 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by wildwood View Post
As the title says I have just booked our first Disney cruise for myself and DH . What do i need to know , what top tips does everyone know or do and we have selected first sitting and I see that we will be given a table number ECT what resturants will this be for ? Very excited but nervous as I am also a bit scared of the sea . Any help , suggestions or must I would really apperciate it .
Welcome to the addictive world of cruising!

To answer your questions ... my top tip is not to stress or plan too much as your 3 night will whizz by anyway without having the added stress of having lots of things booked.
On DCL, you have rotational dining which means you rotate around 3 main dining rooms (MDRs). Your MDRs will be Royal Palace, Enchanted Garden and Animators Palate. It will not matter one jot where you start but this info will be on your Key To The World card (KTTW) when you check in at the terminal.

You can do online check in 75 days before your cruise is due to start and you must be paid in full (PIF) by this date too. At online check in, you can book adult dining (extra charge), character meets (free) that are above the normal meet and greets, port arrival time (PAT) plus spa experiences and excursions.
I would avoid the last 2 personally ... the spa is lovely, but you don't need extra things to take up your time! I'd say avoid excursions too as you can just get off and walk around in Nassau if you want to (or stay on the ship and explore). The bookable meet and greets would be for Frozen and Princess gathering (a way to see 4 Princesses in one go basically). For your PAT, they start at 10:30 but if you aim to grab a 12:30 - 1pm slot, you'll not have to wait in the terminal at all, you'll check in then go straight on generally. You should not arrive before your PAT no matter what anyone tells you as DCL ask you not to.

As it's your first trip, I would also steer away from the adult dining .. as lovely as it is, you should experience the MDRs, especially Animators Palate (AP). All are good though.

I've put some abbreviations on here as you can see - you'll learn these as you get more info on your cruise form here or from a FB page for your cruise. If you let me know what cruise you're on, I'll see if there's a cruise group already started for it - it's nice to get to know your fellow cruisers beforehand, share experiences and the like. You don't have to at all of course.

So, don't plan too much, if anything! Enjoy.

Joa

Edited at 10:30 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
wildwood
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you so much Bats that information is amaxing , I have done our check in and running enough I pick out PAT at 12.45 so hopefully that will be ok .
We are in the Disney dream on the 20th April for the 3 nights .

Thanks again for the advice
Old 6 Feb 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by wildwood View Post
Thank you so much Bats that information is amaxing , I have done our check in and running enough I pick out PAT at 12.45 so hopefully that will be ok .
We are in the Disney dream on the 20th April for the 3 nights .

Thanks again for the advice
Here's your FB group for Dream 20th April 2018

Ask to join then you can get chatting to your fellow cruisers beforehand.
Please think about doing a little trippie or at least highs and lows after your trip!

Joa