Old 3 Feb 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Loving your trip report, we went to Boston at the beginning of December. The difference in temperature in only a matter of weeks is crazy as we had a mild 8 degrees. I totally fell in love with Boston.
Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying reading it. I find one of the best things about reading trip reports is reminiscing about our own holidays and remembering all the fab things we've done. I really loved Boston too, but boy it was cold!

I see from your countdown that you're off to Toronto that is quite high on my list too, but is being pipped at the moment by Washington DC. I hope you have fun on your trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

What a cold day! I think I'd be taking our ski gear, salopettes and all if we ever visited in winter

The Mexican meal looked lovely and much better value that the very overpriced hotel meal from the night before.

I'd have been in my PJs once we were back too. Nothing like snuggling up in PJs when it's cold outside

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
What a cold day! I think I'd be taking our ski gear, salopettes and all if we ever visited in winter

The Mexican meal looked lovely and much better value that the very overpriced hotel meal from the night before.

I'd have been in my PJs once we were back too. Nothing like snuggling up in PJs when it's cold outside
If we had ski clothes we would have worn them. DH bought a lovely thick mountain warehouse parka about 3 days after we got back home

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
A slightly less strenuous day for you! Food looks fab and a bargain! X
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
A slightly less strenuous day for you! Food looks fab and a bargain! X
Yes much more easy going today. Looking around Harvard was fun and that Mexican was so tasty.

Old 8 Feb 18, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
That was a lot of clothes you were wearing. I’m surprised you could move with all of those layers!

Will admit to having a bit of a giggle about your husband being unable to get his clothes from his locker.

We spent a great day looking around Harvard on our trip too - am loving the look of it with snow in your photos.
jocat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jocat View Post
That was a lot of clothes you were wearing. I’m surprised you could move with all of those layers!

Will admit to having a bit of a giggle about your husband being unable to get his clothes from his locker.

We spent a great day looking around Harvard on our trip too - am loving the look of it with snow in your photos.
It was a bit of a mission just to get out of the hotel room, all those layers were worth it though.

He had gone into a bit of panic mode I think, us girls were blissfully unaware of the problem.

Harvard was still incredibly busy with tourists so we weren't the only crazy people! It was a fab day, helped out by the great Mexican lunch .

Old 27 Feb 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I'm so sorry for delayed reply!
Jeez Louise that is cold . Having been outside earlier in the -2 weather I cant even imagine that temperature!
Victoria biscuits are a staple at Christmas and absolutely suitable for breakfast
Sounds like a great day regardless of you not doing as much as yesterday. I would love to visit Harvard. It reminds me of the episode Lorelai and Rory go for the day in Gilmore Girls and gate crash some lectures. Apologies if you didn't watch it but you must, its so good!
Mmmm that Mexican looks yummy and ridiculously cheap too

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I'm so sorry for delayed reply!
Jeez Louise that is cold . Having been outside earlier in the -2 weather I cant even imagine that temperature!
Victoria biscuits are a staple at Christmas and absolutely suitable for breakfast
Sounds like a great day regardless of you not doing as much as yesterday. I would love to visit Harvard. It reminds me of the episode Lorelai and Rory go for the day in Gilmore Girls and gate crash some lectures. Apologies if you didn't watch it but you must, its so good!
Mmmm that Mexican looks yummy and ridiculously cheap too
We vowed to not moan about the cold ever again after surviving Boston. It was cold here today, but even so it wasn't pins and needles on your skin cold.

I'm glad you agree about the biscuits being acceptable. It's the same at Easter my one and only rule with my kids is 'don't make yourselves sick' I'm happy for them to eat chocolate for breakfast if they want as long they don't barf!

I just had to look up Gilmore Girls on IMDB as I've never heard of it, it sounds great. I'll add it to the list of things to eventually get around to watching...

Old 3 Mar 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looks really cold, had a giggle at your DH forgetting the locker combination. Harvard looks like a great visit

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List