Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 Oct 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Well done to Connor for getting the results he needed. We had a similar situation a couple of years ago when DD1 "forgot" to go to a Uni exam in her first year. She got the date wrong and thought it was the next day so she also had to do it as a resit to progress to 2nd year. Kids, eh

That's a nice looking breakfast you got in the hotel, and the Christ of the Ozarks exhibit looks interesting.

Glad you enjoyed your afternoon in Memphis. Beale Street looks like an intriguing place, with lots of history and things to see.
Oh goodness, I'm glad its not just us then - we were totally blindsided by the need for a re sit - thank goodness we hadn't booked a family trip for August ! Hopefully a lesson learned for next year

Breakfast was so simple but really perfect, the slice of pecan pastry had been armed up, it was rather like a cinnabon but less sweet.

Memphis in the afternoon sun was good fun, not too busy or loud but lots of atmosphere. I really liked it there.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yay! So glad he passed the exam!

I love how you picked a place specifically for vegetarians, but Andy had a beef sandwich

Memphis looks cool!

Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My abiding memory of Memphis is my (somewhat conservative Mum) walking down Beale Street drinking beer from a plastic cup that said "Big Ass Beer" on the side of it

I also got food poisoning while we were there, but the less said about that the better

I am sooo jealous of this amazing trip you did. I've just texted my husband and said we really need to do a Southern states road trip at some point. Can't wait to read more!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Yay! So glad he passed the exam!

I love how you picked a place specifically for vegetarians, but Andy had a beef sandwich

Memphis looks cool!

Xx
Can you believe the lunch choice ... And after I had scrubbed " the whole hog cafe" from the plan for this place ... But it was still good , imagine if it hadn't lived up to its reputation

Memphis was fun. It was a lovely afternoon there.

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
My abiding memory of Memphis is my (somewhat conservative Mum) walking down Beale Street drinking beer from a plastic cup that said "Big Ass Beer" on the side of it

I also got food poisoning while we were there, but the less said about that the better

I am sooo jealous of this amazing trip you did. I've just texted my husband and said we really need to do a Southern states road trip at some point. Can't wait to read more!
That made me laugh .. I imagine my kids rolled their eyes when we sent them the Coyote Ugly pics . Food poisoning , eep Not good

Lol, these trippies are bad for bank balances ... But I have to say , this trip was a beast and well worth it
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Great news about the results!
The Statue is certainly impressive, great photos.
I can't get over The Peabody Ducks . I remember seeing them on TV for the first time in an episode of Nashville thinking WTH!
Those ribs look amazing, you done good!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

Another fabulous day! I love the choice of beef sandwich when you found a veg friendly restaurant.

I've never understood the white bread with BBQ. But it's always there. My husband says to sop up grease.

Great to hear about the exam results.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Great news about the results!
The Statue is certainly impressive, great photos.
I can't get over The Peabody Ducks . I remember seeing them on TV for the first time in an episode of Nashville thinking WTH!
Those ribs look amazing, you done good!
It was a relief ! The ducks, what a complete scrum it was , fun idea though .
Loved that place for dinner. The chef was so funny with his banter , great atmosphere and mahoosive ribs.

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
Another fabulous day! I love the choice of beef sandwich when you found a veg friendly restaurant.

I've never understood the white bread with BBQ. But it's always there. My husband says to sop up grease.

Great to hear about the exam results.
That makes sense about the bread but just more carbs ! The Mean Bean was such a good place ... Huge menu. He was going to have a veggie choice but saw the sandwich on someone else's table and that was it
Old 4 Mar 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
That’s my kind of breakfast right there!

Christ of the Ozarks looks a lot less spooky in the day than at night!

Memphis looks a lively place and dinner was a bargain.
jocat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You went to all the trouble of a highly rated Vegetarian establishment and he has the beef sandwich! Memphis looks amazing.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
That’s my kind of breakfast right there!

Christ of the Ozarks looks a lot less spooky in the day than at night!

Memphis looks a lively place and dinner was a bargain.
Its an impressive statue close up !
Memphis was a fun place . I think Andy is still digesting those ribs

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
You went to all the trouble of a highly rated Vegetarian establishment and he has the beef sandwich! Memphis looks amazing.
I know - and we could have stopped at some BBQ place instead - although the café did make a nice change - he saw the sandwich arriving at another table and that was it !
I loved Memphis - much more so than Nashville