Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Feb 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

4 nights in Montreal?

I've booked 4 nights in Montreal as part of a longer trip to Canada in early May. I've been looking on trip advisor and on the trip reports on here and starting to think maybe 4 nights (3 whole days) might be too long for Montreal? We want to see the old town, walk up Mount Royal and maybe do a food tour but we're failing to see much else that looks interesting. Has anyone hired a car from Montreal and done any day trips from Montreal? There's just the 2 of us (couple, early 30s), if that makes any difference!

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I am off to Montreal for a week soon - it will be my fourth visit in as many years! It is a city that has grown on me!

Our first time we were there 4 days with no car. We spent a day in the botanical cars, a day in Le Ronde six flag park, and then two days exploring the city (we lived the underground walkways!)

The second time we were outside the city for two or three nights. Details are in my first trip report on Quebec!

Last year as a flying visit for a concert!

Where else are you going?

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Hi Mel, we're flying into Toronto, spending 2 nights at Niagara and then 3 nights back in Toronto before getting the train to Montreal. I'm thinking maybe a day trip to Ottawa while we're in Montreal or even rent a car and drive round the eastern townships. It would be nice to get out of the city for a while!

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Now I loved Ottawa - I didn't expect to but I did!

For my week in Montreal I will be on a course each day until 2pm on the M-F. After that, I will be exploring on foot - all the bits the kids weren't that bothered about! I may do a trip report

The Eastern townships are the one bit of Quebec we have never visited! I hear good things about the area though!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We loved Montreal!

You can also go to the Olympic park - there are a few things to do there.

And the Lachine Rapids jet boating - one of the best things we ever did!

If you haven't seem my trippie, it's the Amazing Race Series 2 one in my sig from last year, where we start in Montreal.

Ottawa is really nice as well.