Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Feb 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Early November + a newborn...tips please

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since I last posted and ALOT has changed

We now have a very active 3 year old and are due a baby in September

We really wanted to take our daughter away somewhere special before baby comes but the dates/prices just weren’t working for us so we’ve booked Santa Fe from 1st-5th November which means we’ll have a 6-8 week old with us.

Now if it was WDW, I wouldn’t give it a second thought as we’re pro’s Only ever been to Paris twice and it was years apart.
So my question is...what would be your ultimate tips for travelling with a 3 year old and a newborn? Hit me with everything you can think of It’ll be much appreciated xxx
ukeeyorelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Mobile

Bump please x
ukeeyorelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post

It can be bitterly cold in November. Sorry, but there's no way I'd take a newborn there at that time of year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I don’t have any experience of having a newborn in the parks (my youngest had just turned 5 by the time we had saved up enough money for our first trip.) I can’t imagine it would be very different from taking a newborn out in the fresh air in the U.K though. The weather was very mild when we were there in December (around 8-10 degrees all week) so don’t worry. Just do the usual wrapping up that you’d do for trips out of the house in England. Lots of cosy blankets, raincover, warm little hats and fleecy sleepsuits, and alternate time outside with time inside (eg watching shows, shopping, indoor rides and walkthroughs and eating meals / stopping for a hot chocolate for your 3 year old!)

I believe there’s a baby care centre on Main Street, and another in the Studios, but hopefully someone with more expertise will be along to confirm and tell you more. If you’re breastfeeding, assuming you’ve got it established by then, life in DLP should be easy, but I’m sure you’ll soon get into a DLP routine for getting the milk ready etc if you’re formula feeding. I assume there will be some kind of facilities in the baby care centre.

Also use baby switch so you can queue up together, then take turns to go on rides with your 3 year old.

Hope you all have fun!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I don’t have any experience of having a newborn in the parks (my youngest had just turned 5 by the time we had saved up enough money for our first trip.) I can’t imagine it would be very different from taking a newborn out in the fresh air in the U.K though. The weather was very mild when we were there in December (around 8-10 degrees all week) so don’t worry. Just do the usual wrapping up that you’d do for trips out of the house in England. Lots of cosy blankets, raincover, warm little hats and fleecy sleepsuits, and alternate time outside with time inside (eg watching shows, shopping, indoor rides and walkthroughs and eating meals / stopping for a hot chocolate for your 3 year old!)

I believe there’s a baby care centre on Main Street, and another in the Studios, but hopefully someone with more expertise will be along to confirm and tell you more. If you’re breastfeeding, assuming you’ve got it established by then, life in DLP should be easy, but I’m sure you’ll soon get into a DLP routine for getting the milk ready etc if you’re formula feeding. I assume there will be some kind of facilities in the baby care centre.

Also use baby switch so you can queue up together, then take turns to go on rides with your 3 year old.

Hope you all have fun!
Thanks so much for your constructive and helpful response😘

We’ll definitely be making use of the baby care centre and we’re certainly not short of blankets etc from having our first daughter so we’ll be covered there😅

Do you know if the Halloween celebrations will still be on by then or will Christmas have started?

Thanks xxx
Old 12 Feb 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The baby care centre on main street is fab. I also loved how toddler friendly it was with a little toilet for your youngest in the same room as the baby changing unit which I'm sure you'll need with your 3 year old ☺
Old 12 Feb 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ukeeyorelover View Post
Thanks so much for your constructive and helpful response😘

We’ll definitely be making use of the baby care centre and we’re certainly not short of blankets etc from having our first daughter so we’ll be covered there😅

Do you know if the Halloween celebrations will still be on by then or will Christmas have started?

Thanks xxx
The parks don’t seem to have published the dates yet, but the Village says the Halloween event will go on until 4th November, so you should get to enjoy the Halloween celebrations. I think Christmas started on 11th November last year, so I’d definitely expect it to be Halloween rather than Christmas. I think they take a couple of days to take down the Halloween decorations and put the Christmas ones up, but you might get to see some early Christmas decorations going up, you never know!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List