Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 13 Feb 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza68
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile James Bulger: A Mother’s Tale/Was Justice Done

Two very different takes on the same story, but two of the most gripping and harrowing documentaries I’ve ever seen!
Wazza68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

My DD watched this, she was young when it happened. She found it really upsetting, still a very harrowing event.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I only watched Denise's programme, it was totally heartbreaking what happened to poor Jamie, these boys were evil.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

I think Denise has to be one of the strongest women there is, it breaks my heart to think of what little James went through so god only knows what it does to her as his mother.
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

I think I managed about 2 mins of the one on channel 4 and then turned it off, far too upsetting.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I recorded both and recently watched. I was just saying throughout “oh that poor poor woman” and then felt bad as obviously Ralph going through it all as well. They won’t tell you a lot of what happened to the poor boy and no I don’t think justice was done. Eight years for what they did is a slap in the face. Denise was right - it’s like they got rewarded. They even received money when they were inside! You’ve murdered a toddler and you get money? ! It’s all so wrong
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I recorded both and recently watched. I was just saying throughout “oh that poor poor woman” and then felt bad as obviously Ralph going through it all as well. They won’t tell you a lot of what happened to the poor boy and no I don’t think justice was done. Eight years for what they did is a slap in the face. Denise was right - it’s like they got rewarded. They even received money when they were inside! You’ve murdered a toddler and you get money? ! It’s all so wrong
Agreed. They knew what they were doing was wrong and they deserved to be treated like any adult. As recent events have proven the softly softly rehabilitation approach doesn’t work. I hate to think how much of public funds have been wasted trying to rehabilitate and protect these two. Complete fail of our judicial system imo
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Agreed. They knew what they were doing was wrong and they deserved to be treated like any adult. As recent events have proven the softly softly rehabilitation approach doesn’t work. I hate to think how much of public funds have been wasted trying to rehabilitate and protect these two. Complete fail of our judicial system imo
I agree totally x
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

I had just graduated from Liverpool University and was still living in Liverpool at the time. I house shared with a police officer and heard from her some of what happened to him that I won’t repeat. It is that crime none of us will ever forget and I couldn’t watch the programs.

But I don’t think I can advocate for locking up a 10 year old for life. Robert Thompson had a horrendous childhood and as far as I can tell has done well being away from that toxic environment.

On the other hand Jon Venables has had his chances and has shown as an adult that he deserves to be locked up. He should lose anonymity in my view and key thrown away.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
I had just graduated from Liverpool University and was still living in Liverpool at the time. I house shared with a police officer and heard from her some of what happened to him that I won’t repeat. It is that crime none of us will ever forget and I couldn’t watch the programs.

But I don’t think I can advocate for locking up a 10 year old for life. Robert Thompson had a horrendous childhood and as far as I can tell has done well being away from that toxic environment.

On the other hand Jon Venables has had his chances and has shown as an adult that he deserves to be locked up. He should lose anonymity in my view and key thrown away.
Completely agree, why should he be allowed anonymity whilst he is still involved, although not directly, in the abuse of children.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List