Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Feb 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Funny question

I belong to a DVC Facebook group. Most of the posters seem to be from the US and have done little or no research prior to purchasing DVC. Possibly my favourite question ever came up a few days ago. Do the villas at AKL smell of animals?
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I've come to the conclusion many DVC owners are clueless to what they bought, what their legally entitled to, what perks are, how the business model works etc. No due diligence at all before spending a small fortune. Not even the foresight to Google the basics.
Quite how some have got themselves in a position to spend tens of thousands on a luxury purchase I can't work out.
Sorry I sound terrible, but it's true!
Old 15 Feb 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I've come to the conclusion many DVC owners are clueless to what they bought, what their legally entitled to, what perks are, how the business model works etc. No due diligence at all before spending a small fortune. Not even the foresight to Google the basics.
Quite how some have got themselves in a position to spend tens of thousands on a luxury purchase I can't work out.
Totally agree, they also get really annoyed when nothing is available for their last minute Easter (or inset other peak time) trip, saying their guide said they could book any resort at any time.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Yep, amazes me too. I only bought in in April 2017 but my parents had been members before me. I joined the FB groups described in the OP and I find it incredible that I'm having to offer advice to people who have owned for over 10 years. I'm amazed anyone would make that sort of investment without knowing the ins and outs.

There are so many of them who don't understand the Waitlist, although thats probably a good thing.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

It’s beyond me. We did 4 years of research before finally taking the plunge in 2010 and buying resale. We’ve added on since. We’ve never looked back, but we went into it with our eyes wide open.
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post

I was once chatting to a Sales guy near Space mountain while my youngest slept in the pushchair and my wife and daughter went on space mountain, a lady came up and started chatting to the sales guy, he said to her " If this guy purchased in England and comes over 2 out of 3 years, its got to be a good buy ", i said " it works for us ", though we were staying on cash at OKW due to the free DDP
she hadnt even heard of DVC, the guy explained about it, she chatted to me ( even though i was trying to make my exit and leave the sales guy alone )

later that day, they rode SM again, the guy saw me and called me over, the lady had signed up and purchased 120 points ( the min then ) amazing stuff, he thanked me and gave my daughter a pin badge when she got back
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
I belong to a DVC Facebook group. Most of the posters seem to be from the US and have done little or no research prior to purchasing DVC. Possibly my favourite question ever came up a few days ago. Do the villas at AKL smell of animals?
Brilliant! From experience, I haven't met too many smart Americans so this does not surprise me! I was once speaking to a lady while waiting for Fantasmic, she was apparently well educated and had a good job as she told me all about it. Anyway, she then went on to ask me if we had grass in England!
Old 21 Feb 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Don't know about the not many smart Americans- they've dominated modern life and business including virtually all the tech we use. To say Americans aren't smart is not right.
Old 21 Feb 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Don't know about the not many smart Americans- they've dominated modern life and business including virtually all the tech we use. To say Americans aren't smart is not right.
Are you sure? Look who they chose for their president